Job Opportunity – Chief of Police with the Village of Woodlawn, OH
The Village of Woodlawn is seeking an experienced, transformational leader to serve as its next Police Chief for the Woodlawn Police Department (WPD). As the Police Chief you will be the executive officer responsible for the oversight and administrative management of the daily operations and for achieving the Department’s mission, vision, and strategic objectives in alignment with the vision, goals and priorities of the Village Council and community.
You will be expected to promote a robust culture of inclusivity and service orientation among WPD’s commissioned and civilian staff; develop strong, trusting, and collaborative relationships within the Woodlawn community, cultivate partnerships with other regional public safety agencies; and work closely with the Village administration and policy makers to ensure equitable and outstanding service to the community.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in criminal Justice, Public Administration, Police Science, or a related field - Master's Degree preferred.
- Completed Executive Leadership Development Training courses, PELC, CLEE, FBI National Academy, or other schooling in Executive command and Leadership.
- Must be OPOTA certified within one year of hire.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience as a Police Officer.
- Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible supervisory and administrative law enforcement experience.
- The ability to collaborate with individuals of diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Demonstrated experience developing and administering department budgets and otherwise establishing proper fiscal management practices.
- Ability to design and implement career development programs for individuals and classifications in the Department.
- Experience managing department grievance procedures.
- Experience with recruitment, selection, and promotion processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Woodlawn Police Department is a community-oriented police department that is fortunate to have a relatively low crime rate. Our mission is to create a safe and secure environment in which to live, work, and visit by working together with the community, enforcing the law in a fair and impartial manner, preserving the peace and order in our neighborhoods, and safeguarding our Constitutional guarantees.
The Village of Woodlawn originally platted in 1867 is home to 3,916 residents and has realized consistent, incremental population growth in recent years. The community is situated in southwest Ohio, entirely within Hamilton County, and is a short drive to downtown Cincinnati and its array of cultural, educational and entertainment options.
To learn more about our great community, please visit our website:
Are you a strong leader with a focus on inclusivity and service to your community? Are you ready to be a part of a great community that has a lot to offer? Apply online at https://grnh.se/c8933e553us or email firstname.lastname@example.org to be a part of our future!
EEO/M/F/D/V. No third-party applications please.