Environmental Enterprises, Inc. is a specialty environmental management and disposal company. We are dedicated to protecting the environment by providing quality environmental services, recycling options, and waste disposal at competitive rates through innovative technologies and superior technical support. We strongly support improving the quality of life for our employees and the community.
We are currently looking to fill the position of Class B CDL Driver. We are seeking individuals with strong work ethic and willingness to learn and take initiative. Full time benefits include: excellent health coverage, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation & holidays.
The primary responsibilities of a CDL driver at Environmental Enterprises, Inc. (EEI) are driving and operating trucks (to include roll-off), box truck, straight truck, low boy, vacuum truck and forklift as required to transport assorted waste and materials and possibly heavy equipment. The driver is also required to ensure the load meets all shipping requirements (DOT, OSHA, EPA). Some overnight travel may be required. Hazardous materials endorsement is preferred, but the company will assist new team members in obtaining endorsements as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (non-inclusive):
- Must be observant and safety-oriented.
- Transport outbound loads and pickups at various locations as required (LTL, Milk, and Dedicated).
- Identify any problems with loads picked up and/or received such as non DOT compliant drums, leaking drums, mislabeled drums, etc.
- If additional correction / action items occur, must follow through and assure all requirements have been met before driver's vehicle leaves the dock.
- Identity if the manifesting for shipments is correct and if not bring any discrepancies to the attention of Management. Reviews all shipping papers and ensures compliance with DOT and EPA regulations.
- Report any hazards encountered in regards to hazardous waste spills, leaks, and non-DOT compliant drums and report these problems to Management for corrective actions.
- Responsible for maintaining the truck in road ready condition and doing the required road checks before departing and upon returning.
- Maintain overall cleanliness both inside and out of the cab and trailer. Some light maintenance may be required.
- Maintains "Permit Book" for each vehicle and keeps each current with the most recent permits for each state EEI has permission to operate in and following up on new additions.
- Maintain driver logs and detailed time sheets and the various checklists required for DOT, or company.
- Must be aware of DOT, EPA, and OSHA regulations and how they affect the load in terms of inspections, placarding, placement of load (weight), etc.
- May be required to assist with loading and unloading, and/or assist the field lab pack crews on an as needed basis.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year commercial driving experience preferred.
- Forklift certification preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude to hook up hoses and performing troubleshooting.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds, frequent sitting, pending, push/pull, and walking.
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment, including respirator.
- Be able to communicate clearly and precisely, both verbally and in writing and maintain logs and records in a timely manner.
- Maintain composure in stressful situations in a calm and professional manner.
- Must be able to pass a TSA security background check to obtain hazardous materials endorsement.
- Maintain DOT medical card in accordance with DOT requirements.
- Able to pass a drug/alcohol screening randomly as required by DOT regulations and company policy.
Environmental Enterprises Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets