The Manufacturing Engineering Technician is responsible for developing new programs and maintaining/improving existing programs for CNC machines. Supports manufacturing projects by providing technical support to engineers during the design of manufacturing processes for a production facility. Assists in the development of layouts or floor plans, conducts tests and troubleshoots equipment. Will be responsible to setup, operate and trial new methods of manufacturing to reduce cycle times, improve lead times and solve implementation problems.
Principle Duties (includes, but is not limited to):
· Create part programs via CAD/CAM (MasterCAM) software by utilization of 3D models provided by engineering when available
· EIA programming knowledge is essential for 2 & 3 axis Lathes and 4 axis Mills
· Ability to design tools to be used in part programs which reduce cycle time and improve efficiency
· Knowledge of DNC integration systems with the ability to troubleshoot when issues arise
· Ability to design / adjust fixtures in an effort to improve work holding and increase efficiency and reduce part cycle time
· Must have working knowledge and understanding of different materials and hardness to adjust feeds and speeds and ensure most effective manufacturing process
· Advanced programming knowledge of probing, macros, and sub programs required.
· Load into and adjust new programs at CNC machine with manual runs for first piece inspection.
· Maintain a library of programs, and when required by engineering or customer request, make adjustments to existing programs
· Must be able to troubleshoot issues in existing programs and make changes as required
· Must be able to operate with limited supervision
· Ability to load correct program into CNC machine per program code list, using a computer / DNC system
· Ability to operate and adjust (Up to 4 axixs) CNC machines (Horizontal and veritical lathes and mills)
· Ability to assist in the development on new manufacturing processes and troubleshoot issues during trial runs
· Train associates on new methods developed with an emphasis on quality of output
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
· Experience with Fanuc controls
· Must be detail oriented and a self-starter that is driven
· Must communicate well through verbal and written skills
· Must be able to read and interpret drawings
· Two year degree or five or more years of verifiable experience in machine operation, set-up, and programming required
· 5 or more years experience required in a manufacturing environment