Do you enjoy working in a structured and stable environment that allows you to systematically complete your work? Are you looking for a role that allows you to follow the routines and procedures to get a predictable outcome? Do you want to be part of an aerospace business that has a history of significant investment into the business and desires to remain an industry leader? Ferco is looking for a CNC Operator to join our growing team.
CNC Operator will set up machines, complete machining stages, and inspect product to ensure accuracy of work on 2nd shift. The ideal team member will have proven experience running CNC Machines in a manufacturing environment.
If this is not an accurate description of who you are, please do not apply—this position is not a good fit.
- Perform turning, drilling, tapping, and deburr operations on product
- Setup and edit programs for CNC machines.
- Inspect major part dimensions per a sampling plan and make machine corrections to ensure product conformity
- Read and interpret manufacturing prints and understand geometrical tolerances.
- Update ERP system to maintain accurate job status and ensure transactional accuracy
- Complete daily preventative maintenance tasks and checks on the machines to ensure high levels of machine availability
- Participate in department continuous improvement activities to enable a clean, safe, and rewarding department atmosphere
- Adhere to Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and department safety requirements to ensure safe completion of all working tasks
- Other Ad hoc duties as required
- Requires High School diploma or GED Equivalent
- 1 - 3 year previous machine operation experience in metal manufacturing
- Knowledge of CNC equipment
- Proficient in minor machine setup and program adjustments.
- Posses efficient math skills and basic understanding of geometric tolerance.
- Able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and stand for long periods of time on a daily basis
- Able to bend, twist, turn, carry, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, etc
- Able to successfully pass vision screens
- Able to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special projects.
- Training: 1st shift - Monday - Thursday 6:00 am - 4:30 pm with overtime possible on Friday
- Regular: 2nd shift - Monday - Thursday 4:30 pm - 3:00 am with overtime possible on Sunday + 10% shift differential
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. Ferco Aerospace will require proof of status prior to employment.
We offer competitive benefits, 401K matching, paid time-off, and paid holidays.