Communications Officer- BU (2058-07)
Deadline to Apply:
Open Until Filled
2377 Civic Center
Cincinnati, OH 45231
Full-time- 80 Hours bi-weekly/All shifts
$19.50 per hour
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- High School Diploma or GED and experience which includes a comprehensive knowledge of regulatory requirements, communications equipment and methods and demonstrable ability to exercise sound judgment under stressful circumstances; communicate effectively, demonstrate excellent hearing and diction and a demonstrable skill in typing;
- upon employment, must obtain RCIC, LEADS, NCIC, CPR, and APCO BASIC and EMD certifications.
Job Duties (Summary):
- Dispatches various police, fire and rescue agencies to emergency situations and other calls for assistance; coordinates on site activities of safety forces to ensure efficient and effective resolution of emergency situation; provides communications for support services such as Disaster Services, Hospital notification, wrecker, utilities and maintenance personnel; monitors alarm panels; identifies emergency unit status (e.g., available, en route, at scene, etc.) by computer; may be required to report for duty in the event of an emergency or disaster.
- Receives and screens telephone calls; collects information regarding crime or emergency in progress to relay to safety force personnel; analyzes nature of call and makes decision regarding appropriate response; provides pre-arrival medical instructions using predetermined telephone questions and protocols.
- Operates computer terminals in order to disseminate and document critical information to the appropriate Public Safety Agencies, and to maintain location and status of Public Safety Units in the field.
- Operates teletype and computer terminals to enter and retrieve information from police data computer systems; sends and receives information, verifies records of stolen property, wanted persons and other criminal data; maintains confidentiality of all data.
- Maintains RCIC, NCIC, LEADS, CPR, APCO BASIC and EMD certifications.
- Demonstrates regular and predictable attendance.
- May conduct training for new employees; conducts tests, evaluates employee performance, etc.
- Observes TV security monitors to guard entrances of facility; operates emergency communication vehicle as directed.
- Performs duties of co-workers
For additional information email Operations Manager Scott Brown. email@example.com