The Controls Engineer will be responsible for developing, improving, and maintaining manufacturing processes. This role will require knowledge of PLC based line controls.
- Implement, monitor and control processes, procedures, practices, projects and plant layouts to insure implementation within the group and branch guidelines and specifications.
- Lead the development of processes that yields parts conforming to specifications in order to meet the requirement of quality, cost and delivery time.
- Lead new product launch equipment and processes at each milestone through production, providing the manufacturing and engineering inputs for development of new process, parts, equipment and tooling.
- Lead the equipment design and approval process. Define the equipment specification, process & maintenance documents.
- Lead lean & continuous improvement (e.g. cycle time times, scrap, quality, material cost reduction, regrind implementation, etc.) activities.
- Lead involvement in global coordination to share and define standards. Identify and investigate potential new tooling concepts and processes.
- Lead design reviews with all program component activities to ensure compatibility with engineering and design requirements.
- Lead and follow progress of assigned teams in the implementation of the 5 Axes (Lean Manufacturing techniques including Hoshin, PSG,5s)
- Participate in project teams during the development of new programs.
- Lead team members involved in and provides input regarding ergonomic issues.
- Work with production managers to meet and implement all Valeo Production Systems methodologies and tools over the production floor.
- Lead implementation of safety policies and procedures.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering (Associate Degree can be considered with relevant work experience)
- 5+ years in a production environment
- 5+ years of PLC based Controls Engineering experience (Siemens PLC experience is preferred)
- 3+ years in Automotive industry
- 3+ years of Robotics experience (programming experience preferred)