Pay Range: $21.86 - $28.75
Corrections Officers are responsible for care, custody and control of the inmates housed within the Montgomery County Jail while using proper safety methods and techniques.
- Maintain the safety and security of the Montgomery County Jail while ensuring the care, custody and control of the inmates house in the Jail.
- Inspect all assigned areas to ensure conformance with security standards.
- Supervise the cleaning of the housing units.
- Feed the inmates at the established times and account for all eating utensils and trays before and after meals.
- Distribute personal hygiene supplies, clean clothing and linens and other items to the inmates at specified times.
- Collect and maintain information on inmates using established Jail logs.
- Maintain and update inmate custody records.
- Record, summarize and verify inmate accounts.
- Process inmates in and out of custody according to policy.
- Photograph and fingerprint inmates.
- Provide general supervision of inmates and inmate workers including monitoring the movement of all persons to and from the jail.
- Move inmates from one location to another within the facility as required.
- Conduct security checks, wellness checks, routine and emergency counts and searches of housing and common areas.
- Report any irregularities or deficiencies, violations of law, or violations or rules and regulations to immediate supervisor using the appropriate forms.
- Assist in emergencies and evacuations are required.
- 18 years of age
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to meet establish physical and training requirements for standing, using stairways, running, lifting light to heavy objects, and protecting self and others against physical assault
- Within the first year of hire, pass the Basic Corrections Academy course.
Background Check Information
Upon passing a written entry-level examination and physical agility test, a background investigation including a criminal background check and a a pre-employment polygraph examination will be completed.
Please go to https://mcsocareers.com/hiring-process to download the employment application and learn about MCSO benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer