At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: Crane Technician - AK Steel
REPORTS TO: AK SERVICE SUPERVISOR
- Inspect and repair overhead industrial cranes and hoists to verify safety and compliance with Manufacturer, OSHA and ANSI.
- Troubleshoot and repair material handling equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair class "F" DC cranes ranging from 25 ton to 365 ton.
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding required repairs.
- Ensure professionalism and a high customer service standard.
- Provide a high level of communication with both Customer and Office.
- Takes safety of others and self seriously.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
•Minimum two years of crane repair experience/ or 2 years of Industrial repair.
•Thorough knowledge of electrical theory for AC/DC power and motor controls.
•Thorough knowledge of the mechanical systems of cranes/hoists/ or similar equipment.
•Thorough knowledge of simple structural elements.
•Understanding of the OSHA/ANSI standard (is preferred but not required).
•Thorough knowledge of crane repair and maintenance (is preferred but not required).
•Ability to work in all elements of weather.
•Must be able to work required overtime and will be on call one weekend monthly
•Must be able to climb several flights of stairs/ladders and work at heights up to 135'
•Ability to foster teamwork with peers in Operations and Office.
•Resourceful in getting the job done.
•Excellent verbal and written skills.
•A clean driving record
EDUCATION: Vocational/technical training and a high school degree or equivalent
How to Apply
To view the complete job description, please click on the link below: