As a Barclays Customer Service Representative in our Care Department, you will be delivering the highest standards of customer service and creating exceptional experiences by actively listening and establishing rapport with our customers. Customers are at the forefront of everything we do and ensuring customers’ concerns are addressed is vital to the success of Barclays. We’re driving change to be the digital leader in the market, which means our customer service teams are more important than ever.
The Care call center is a 24/7 operation and non-traditional shifts may be anticipated (i.e. non-standard business hours or weekends).
We offer a competitive salary starting at $35,000, monthly/quarterly incentives, as well as a 401k contribution. We have a health care plan, including medical coverage and dental coverage, available immediately after you start, and a generous paid vacation allowance increasing with tenure. You will be attending paid training to prepare you for the role and your development journey will be structured, with associated benefits.
In addition to the benefits listed above, we also provide health and wellbeing perks which include discounted rates at gyms and health clubs, health screening, private health insurance and employee assistance. We are keen to see our people succeed and so offer tuition reimbursement, ample learning and development opportunities, and recognition programmes.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- You will be receiving inbound phone calls from customers and service their needs effectively and efficiently
- Understanding and analyzing customer needs
- Listening actively and establishing rapport with our customers
- Adhering to compliance regulations and security policies
What we’re looking for:
- 1+ years of experience in customer service/call center experience
- Excellent oral communications skills and written skills
- Focus on the customer and a positive, professional attitude
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Strict attention to detail and understanding the importance of accuracy and responsiveness
- Good PC and internet skills with very good organization and work prioritization skills
- Banking or credit card experience
- Sales experience is preferred for cross selling, up selling and down selling, but not essential
Where will you be working?
Barclays Hamilton campus is located at the centre of the Cincinnati-Dayton-Oxford triangle in Vora Technology Park, minutes off the I-75 corridor. This state-of-the-art facility sits on 55 acres featuring beautiful, award-winning landscaping – including an illuminate pond and several walking trails.