As a Barclays Customer Service Representative in our Care Department, you will be delivering the highest standards of customer service and creating exceptional experiences by actively listening and establishing rapport with our customers. Customers are at the forefront of everything we do and ensuring customers’ concerns are addressed is vital to the success of Barclays. We’re driving change to be the digital leader in the market, which means our customer service teams are more important than ever.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
The Care call center is a 24/7 operation and non-traditional shifts may be anticipated (i.e. non-standard business hours or weekends).
We offer a competitive salary starting at $35,000, monthly/quarterly incentives, as well as a 401k benefit. We have a health care plan available immediately after you start, and a generous paid vacation allowance increasing with tenure. You will be attending training to make you prepared for the role and your development journey will be structured, with associated benefits.
What will you be doing?
- You will be receiving inbound phone calls from customers and service their needs effectively and efficiently
- Understanding and analyzing customer needs
- Listening actively and establishing rapport with our customers
- Adhering to compliance regulations and security policies
What we’re looking for:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in customer service/call center experience
- Excellent oral communications skills and written skills
- Focus on the customer and a positive, professional attitude
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Scrupulous attention to detail and understanding the importance of accuracy and responsiveness
- Good PC and internet skills with very good organization and work prioritization skills
- Banking or credit card experience
- Sales experience is preferred for cross selling, up selling and down selling
Where will you be working?
On the Hamilton campus, you will find recreational rooms complete with snacks, ping-pong tables, as well as free parking. We pride ourselves on our inclusive culture focused on celebrating the diversity of all of our colleagues! The Hamilton campus also offers many opportunities to get involved and give back to our community.