You need a job, we need extra help! But, please only apply if you are serious about working with us.
Don't apply if you are not going to read this entire post and answer all the questions. If you can't follow the directions in this job post, we may not consider you!!
Good luck!! 😉
We are a for-profit small business serving families in the community. Our work allows parents to work so that they can provide for their families.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
As a family owned and operated small business serving the community, we are looking for Child Care Professionals to join the Little Hands family and willing to care for children 0-5 years old.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about contributing to the well-being of children
- Proactive and conversation starter who is not shy
- Creative with excellent customer service skills and problem solver
- Good sense of humor and positive attitude
- Great listener and open minded
- Comfortable with ambiguity and not afraid to ask questions
- Flexible with willingness to adapt
- Someone who takes ownershipof things and follows through on assigned tasks
- Team player who is willing to learn
- Must be trustworthy
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will report to the owner and the assistant administrator of the center. You will support several daily, weekly and monthly tasks related to our licensing requirements.
- Supervise children and attend to their needs
- Feed and assist children during mealtimes
- Implement routines for children
- Plan activities on a weekly and monthly basis
- Strictly follow diaper changing schedule
- Clean and sanitize classroom
- Complete all mandatory paperwork required for record keeping
- Fulfill required trainings throughout the year to ensure compliance per state rules
- Additional duties as needed
As an OPENER you will work from 5:30am to 2pm with a break. (We will consider some one interested to work part-time.)
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Little Hands Center was founded in 2001 by Maritza Garcia. It started as a small in home daycare, certified by Hamilton County Job & Family Services, with a maximum capacity to care for 6 children. As time passed, Mrs. Garcia recognized the growing need to provide quality childcare for families in the Hispanic community of Greater Cincinnati. As a result in 2007, Mrs. Garcia acquired a Type A Home license allowing Little Hands to expand to serve a maximum of 12 children with one additional employee. Ultimately, Little Hands outgrew Mrs. Garcia’s home and was developed into a childcare center in 2014. You may learn more by visiting www.LittleHandsCenter.com.
In addition to the personal skills listed above, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Pass FBI & BCI background checks
- 18 years of age or older
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent. You don't need to have a high diploma if you are currently enrolled in an early childhood education program.
- Medical form signed by a physician
- Reliable transportation to get to work on time
- If you speak Spanish this is a plus, although notrequired
How to Apply
Submit resume and cover letter. When writing the cover letter, describe your experience working with children and why you enjoy working with them. You may also write about why you want to work with us.
Alternatively, you may visit our center (address: 1217 Hicks Blvd., Fairfield, OH 45014). We’d love to meet you and discuss the job!!