We are currently seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic to join our team in Fairfield, Ohio. Mechanics will work on a variety of equipment such as vacuum trucks (super suckers), pumps, combination trucks and pick up trucks, in our maintenance garage. The Diesel mechanic may also perform field maintenance on equipment when necessary to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction. You'll use your skills to perform maintenance and repairs of equipment with limited or no supervision in a highly skilled, safe, and professional manner. Every day, you can improve and challenge yourself, like every member of our team, we will rely on you to provide exceptional customer service to our customers.
General job duties of a Mechanic will included but are not limited to:
- Perform preventative maintenance tasks and inspections on company vehicles and equipment;
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment, vehicles, and machinery;
- Assist drivers with addressing outstanding vehicle issues;
- Accurately record time, parts, and inspection checklists;
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair equipment and vehicles;
- Disassemble, inspects and replace worn or broken parts. Fit and adjust new or repaired parts;
- Diagnose and repair engines, transmissions, clutches, electrical and pneumatic systems, gearboxes, hydraulics, cooling systems, exhaust, brakes, suspensions, lights, etc. on a variety of yard equipment, heavy duty trucks, trailers, and other equipment;
- Safely operates gauges, forklifts, shunt truck, torches, grinders, and various hand and power tools
- Maintain paperwork/electronic documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily basis
- Assist with pick-up and delivery of equipment & parts
- Valid driver's license with acceptable driving record - CDL license preferred
- 1+ years' experience working on heavy-duty trucks and equipment required
C&K has a diverse customer base with a variety of work for those interested in growth opportunities. We offer benefits that includes life insurance, paid time off, 401k with employer match, Medical, Dental/vision, plus more. We offer competitive starting wages with increases after 90-days. We provide our employees a wide variety of safety and industrial training with certifications.