Printing Press Operator
Georgia-Pacific’s Hummingbird facility in West Chester, OH is currently seeking a Digital Press Operator for an emerging opportunity within our Corrugated Packaging business unit. The successful candidate will operate our state-of-the-art roll to roll inkjet web press, which is the first of its kind in the United States. There are plenty of growth opportunities at Georgia Pacific’s Hummingbird facility, as we believe in promoting from within and setting candidates up for success. Who is Hummingbird? Watch to find out!
This position will pay $20-$23 per hour and includes a $1000 sign-on bonus. Pay rate will be based on experience.
Now hiring for all shifts!
1st: 7am – 3pm
2nd: 3pm – 11pm
3rd: 11pm – 7am
Must be able to work extended shifts, flexible shifts and weekends.
Opportunities for career advancement as openings occur. We also offer:
- competitive compensation with the opportunity to earn overtime,
- paid vacation after 6 months of service,
- tuition reimbursement,
- health and dental benefits programs,
- paid time off/holidays,
- a 401k with an employer match!
A Day in The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensuring that each job printed on the inkjet web press is properly set up and prepped to produce the product to the established specifications
- Having constant computer (PC) interaction to operate the press, record quality metrics, and email communications as needed
- Performing computer/machine adjustments accurately, efficiently and according to procedures, minimizing unexpected downtime and maintenance calls
- Performing routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting any problems
- Monitoring the printing process to maintain quality and inspecting the final product for quality; noticing any subtle differences in color, to include shades of color and brightness
- Completing general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean work environment
The Experience You Will Bring
- Experience and/or a strong interest in gaining experience in printing
- Experience working with computer system in an industrial and/or technical environment
- Experience troubleshooting machinery and quality issues
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Understanding of prepress functions
- Knowledge of Digital Printing
- Experience operating Digital Printing Presses
- Knowledge and/or experience in corrugated packaging, folding carton, printing, or Point of Purchase (POP) display industries
- Knowledge of reliability and Preventative Maintenance (PM) systems
- Knowledge of print production processes and color theory
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test. This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com