Dining Room Server
Full-Time, Part-time or PRN
Westover, Jamestowne or Berkeley Square Community
Provide services and support to all areas of the Dining Services department. This includes, but is not limited to residents and guest meal service, ware washing, and sanitation. The dining room server will be responsible for the preparation, presentation, delivery, and serving of food to the members of our residential facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Stock dining area, refrigerator, and freezer
• Prepare the dining room, trays, linens, and other dining experience items. This includes but is not limited to performing dishwashing/cleaning procedures, assuring that utensils and other cooking equipment are readily available for next meal, collecting and cleaning food trays, rolling and shining silverware, washing placemats and napkins throughout the day
• Vacuums, sweeps, or mops dining area
• Greet and interact with residents and guests in a pleasant and positive manner
• Prepare and deliver food trays using rolling cart efficiently and in a timely manner. This includes but is not limited to pouring hot/cold beverages, placing cold/hot plates and condiments onto tray, taking food temperatures, collecting and cleaning dirty trays
• Anticipate and respond to residents and guests needs
• Provide a high level of customer service satisfaction throughout the dining experience
• Carry out garbage and keep work areas clean, dry and free of hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
• Ensure that quality, cleanliness and safety standards are being met according to established practice, documented standards and regulatory guidelines
• Obtain meal selection from resident. Read and follow diet card requirements of residents. Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in accordance with established policies.
• All other duties as assigned and/or appropriate to the position
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required
Licenses or other required certifications: None
Experience: 1 year related experience preferably in a continuing care retirement community, hospital, hotel, restaurant, or similar preferred
Specialized knowledge, skills, or abilities: Excellent customer service skills
Full-Time Benefits: Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Health, Dental, Vision, 401k Savings, Wellness Program, Employee Access to Fitness/Elements Center
Go to www.community-first.org/careers