Direct Support Professional
Empowering People/Takoda Trails
$10.50/hr start pay Fairfield area. Applications accepted daily 8:00am-3:00pm at 350 Kolb Drive, Fairfield, Ohio 45014 Bldg #8. Interviews possible same week, full start option within 1 week of application.
Direct Support Professional Job Description
We are seeking candidates to work in our ICF/DD homes who possess the following: a sincere desire to provide direct service and support to persons with developmental disabilities; ability to make sound judgments when given guidance and priorities; ability to work as a team member to maintain consistency and quality in services; ability to exchange support, constructive criticism, and ideas with other staff members.
Primary responsibility is to work cooperatively with the Home Mngr. and/or QIDP and other staff in developing, implementing, and evaluating individual services and programming including medical and household issues within the service site. Responsible to provide direct services and support to the individual, including, but not limited to: assisting in maintaining a clean, safe living environment, meal preparation and completion of various household tasks; supervising, teaching, and assisting the individual in every aspect of their life, with the goals of fostering increased independence, choice and empowerment.
Supervisor may approve and/or mandate a change in hours based on service and individuals’ need. All persons in the position should be prepared to work weekends and holidays and also be prepared to substitute for extra hours when necessary to ensure the ongoing provision of services and supports for the individuals. Prior education and/or experience in residential services for the developmentally disabled is preferred.
Direct Support Professional Specific Job Duties
- Respect individual rights and confidentiality.
- Assist individuals with family and personal contacts.
- Be a role model, promote positive teamwork and assist in staff development/training of peers as assigned.
- Read, know, and implement organizational policies and procedures.
- Complete assessments, participate in Individual Plan (IP) meetings and assist in developing teaching programs as assigned.
- Implement and document all individual services and supports.
- Read, know, and implement Individual’s IP and Behavior Plan.
- Report all pertinent medical information to nurses and follow nurses’ directions.
- Provide individual with needed health care as directed.
- Assist with and handle medications according to policy and regulation via “certified” Delegated Nursing Program. (only required at specific locations)
- Remain alert to individuals’ behavior/physical changes and notify immediate supervisor and/or QIDP as appropriate.
- Assist the individuals in maintaining a clean, neat and safe home environment.
- Maintain clean, neat and safe home environment by housekeeping, including but not limited to, mopping, sweeping, dusting, trash collection, cleaning bathrooms/showers, laundry and dishes etc.
- Attend to all individual hygiene needs in a timely manner by following documented programming and living records (i.e. giving baths, shaving, caring for nails, brushing teeth, shampooing/brushing/combing/picking hair, dressing neatly and in clean clothes at all times, changing disposable briefs of individuals with this need.)
- Preparing/cooking meals specific to the dietary needs of all individuals.
- Facilitate family-style dining that involves conversations and choice-making with the individuals.
- Assist individuals in accurately budgeting and accounting for personal funds as assigned.
- Assure compliance with emergency procedure requirements.
- Assist individuals to participate in community outings.
- Drive company vehicles and provide transportation to individuals as applicable.
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
About the Company Empowering People is passionate and strives to provide EXCELLENT services to individuals with disabilities. Our company is built on hiring and developing the best possible people to care for those we serve and our results speak volumes! Our homes consistently earn excellent Quality Care Reviews from the Department of Health, as well as, from the Department of Developmental Disabilities.
Empowering People is proud of our commitment to employ the most compassionate and dedicated associates to care for the individuals we serve. We are committed to and continue to strive to be the best provider in the state of Ohio. We have passion for what we do and our team is made up of people who have devoted their lives to helping individuals with disabilities.
Direct Support Professional Minimum Requirements
•Minimum 18 years of age
•High school diploma/GED required
•Hold a valid Driver’s License in the State of Ohio
•Must have reliable transportation
•Must be responsible, reliable, and be able to carry out job functions independently without on-going supervision.
How to Apply
Send resume and contact information to email@example.com for review and contact for possible interview.