Title: Document Assurance Specialist
Shift: Full-Time, Days
This position will be located in the Financial Clearance department at The Christ Hospital Central Business Office, 237 William Howard Taft Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45219.
Job Overview: To ensure all documentation necessary to complete the insurance authorization for an ordered service is received from the independent MD offices. Information necessary to complete the authorization process is the complete order for service, the office progress note, insurance card, and medical necessity form for total joint cases. Once all the information is received, the patients account number is generated and the documentation is scanned and indexed to the patient’s electronic health record. If necessary information is absent, the specialist pends the ordered service and contacts the MD office to obtain the missing information. The incoming orders are received in a fax electronic work queue and are processed in order of receipt.
The Document Assurance Specialist may perform the following duties:
- Reviews orders for services to ensure all documentation necessary to complete the insurance authorization process for an ordered service is received from the independent MD offices.
- Information necessary is the complete order for service, the office progress note, insurance card, medical necessity form for total joint cases.
- If all necessary information is received, the patients account number is generated and the documentation is scanned and indexed to the patient’s electronic health record.
- If necessary information is absent, the specialist pends the ordered service and contacts the MD office to obtain the missing information.
- Appropriate follow-up occurs until the missing information is received.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: Previous experience in Medical Records preferred.
Required Skills & Knowledge: Good communication skills, data entry skills, knowledge of PC and printer operations, telephone etiquette, use of copy machine, use of fax machine.
There are many ways to define excellence. For us at The Christ Hospital, it’s all about our patients...And making healthcare what they want it to be. Accessible. Personal. Affordable.
Our commitment to exceptional outcomes, affordable care and the finest patient experiences is recognized yearly with numerous awards from leading healthcare organizations and publications. At the top of our list of honors are the 17 consecutive years that we’ve been named to U.S. News & World Report’s list of Best Hospitals and being named the Most Preferred Hospital by the Greater Cincinnati community for 21 consecutive years (National Research Corporation).
What does this mean for you?
GROWTH- opportunities to learn, develop, and impact.
VALUE- a robust employee package that provides you the ability to maintain a healthy work-life balance, competitive compensation, flexible and meaningful benefits, development opportunities so you can be your best self, and a culture of compassion.
PRIDE- from all that we have accomplished in our past, and all that we’re positioned for in the future.
CHALLENGE- we are in one of the most competitive markets in the nation, yet continue to rise to the top through our incredible employees and transformational results. We seek individuals motivated by what it takes to be a part of a winning team.
Named #24 on Forbes 500 America’s Best Employers for 2017, we are transforming care…inspired by you.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
How to Apply