Electrical Maintenance Technician – Metal-Matic - Middletown, OH
Metal-Matic Inc. is a progressive and major manufacturer in highly engineered steel tubing. We provide products to manufacturers in multiple industries including automotive, construction, agriculture, appliance, energy recreation and many more.
Install and repair electrical and electro-mechanical systems, calibrate equipment and troubleshoot wiring and machine control issues. Complete daily work orders and preventative maintenance efforts to improve the efficiency and reliablitiy of Metal-Matic machines and equipment. Ensure proper safety measures are in place on electrical equipment throughout the entire facility; execute repairs as necessary; and promote a positive working environment within the department
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Install and repair electrical systems, calibrate and troubleshoot equipment wiring and controls issues.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair on machinery and electrical systems.
- Evaluate electronic components related to the production process or the quality of final product parts and determine when there is a need for changes to the process.
- Decipher complex plans, schematics, drawings, diagrams, and instructions to complete installation or practice troubleshooting of electronics systems, parts or wiring networks.
- Record information and results about product or electronic performance by detailing testing methods, documenting possible issues, and listing part specifications.
- Partner with mechanical or electrical engineers to fine tune the repair and diagnostic process in the work environment.
- Diagnose and repair problems with malfunctioning circuitry, ineffective electronic devices, and or inoperative parts.
- Maintain all equipment and components by performing scheduled maintenance tasks, ensuring calibration of equipment, and identifying needed replacements.
- Communicate with internal customers, team members, engineers, or management to determine possible problems or update individuals with work progress.
- Improve understanding and expertise in the field by regularly attending workshops, classes, conferences and training sessions in electronics and engineering.
You will excel in this roll if you:
- Commitment to safety and teamwork.
- Computer skills: CMMS, Excel, CAD, Word, Outlook.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, drawings, and schematics (electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical)
- Controls and device communications standard protocols: Ethernet/IP, ProfiNet.
- Experience with automation controllers, ladder logic, PLC architecture, AC and DC drives, HMI, hardware and associated programming for Siemens or Rockwell automation, both a plus.
- Experience with 480V and under applications, facility distribution systems a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in industrial equipment diagnostics and repairs: Primary controls & electrical. Secondary electro-mechanical; pumps, pneumatic components and systems, hydraulic components, and systems.
- Experience with NFPA 70, OSHA rules and regulations (LOTO, electrical arc flash).
- Ability to write clear and concise work orders and instructions.
- Highly motivated.
- Able to learn and apply maintenance best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
To qualify you will bring:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an industrial environment.
- Associate degree or course work in electronics or engineering
- Completion of certificate program(s) in the electrical field.
- PLC programing and troubleshooting.
About our Company
Metal-Matic Inc. is a global leader in the production of welded and drawn over mandrel carbon steel tubing for standard and specialty applications. Our mission is to continually develop our Quality, Value and Service for our customers, vendors and employees as well as seeking innovative solutions in all aspects of our operation. Metal-Matic was founded in 1951 as a research and development business in Minneapolis, MN. In 1956 the first tube mill was purchased. In 1995, the company expanded with a plant in Bedford Park, IL. In 2012 a plant in Middletown, OH was purchased to satisfy demand for welded and cold drawn product. Headquartered in Minneapolis, MN, Metal-Matic continues to be a family owned business with over 500 employees.
Metal-Matic is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive compensation package including competitive salary, healthcare, a 401(K) profit sharing plan, and performance bonuses.