At Cincinnati Children's, we believe in nurturing employees' lives as well as their careers. Our benefits equal or surpass other hospitals in the region, and we're proud to offer one of the best working environments in our field to include opportunities to advance your career within our organization. Our benefits help you manage your health, protect you if you are unable to work, help you further your education, and prepare for retirement.
Due to the 2nd shift nature of this role it is eligible for a $4/hr shift differential.
SCOPE: To troubleshoot and repair systems and components and inspect and complete service requests in a timely efficient manner for the Building Maintenance Department.
- Routinely inspecting electrical systems such as wiring, fixtures, and equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical equipment
- Responding, Identifying and repairing faults or hazards.
- Troubleshooting system failures.
- Reviewing and understanding how to read blueprints.
- Ability to use a power analyzer, multimeter, mega ohmmeter for troubleshooting.
- Conducting maintenance repairs on old or faulty fixtures.
- Providing suggestions for equipment replacement.
- Writing electrical maintenance reports.
- Installing new electrical equipment in the building.
- Adhering to safety and performance standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 3 - 5 years of work experience in a related job discipline
- 5-7 years' experience within the electrical field
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with industrial electrical systems and the National Electrical Code
- Good problem-solving skills & critical thinking
- Analyze data from routine maintenance and identifying potential malfunctions
- Good communication skills
- Journeyman electrician or an Associate's Degree within this Technical field
- Fire alarm certification/ experience
- Hospital/Research facility experience
- Emergency generator experience & systems
- Experience with pneumatic tube systems
- Experience with Variable Frequency Drives
- Experience with UPS systems (1kVa to 1.5MVA, 208/120 and 480V/277)