Spirit Medical Transport is looking for full-time EMTs to join their team. The ideal candidate is reliable, dependable, has a positive attitude, enjoys working with people, and meets the criteria listed below. If this sounds like you and you want to continue in a rewarding career with a company that cares about its patients and it staff, then we would love to have you apply.
NOTE: Spirit Medical has contracted with Virtual Works, LLC a recruitment and hiring firm located in Columbus, Ohio, to conduct the applicant search on their behalf.
- Responding to medical emergencies, determining the nature and extent of the illness or injuries, establishing priority for care and providing emergency care (e.g., opening and maintaining airway, providing ventilation, automated external defibrillator, endotracheal intubations, cardiac resuscitation, controlling bleeding, treating for shock, immobilization of fractures, bandaging, initial burn care, assisting with child birth, assists patient with prescribed medication or physician’s order - as per protocol, etc.)
- Assisting with victim extrications
- Transporting patients to and from medical facilities as required and monitoring condition
- Preparing and maintaining records of patient condition and treatment provided and forwarding copies to appropriate parties
- Potentially driving emergency ambulance or ambulette
- Performing vehicle and emergency equipment checks to ensure vehicle’s readiness to respond
- Reporting vehicle and equipment maintenance needs and restocks supplies as necessary
- Potentially supervising EMT crew and assisting with training and orientation of new personnel
- Cleaning station, residential, and vehicle housing areas as necessary
- Answering telephones and responding to inquires as necessary; referring calls to appropriate parties
- Participating in required training and drills
- Lifting and moving victims/patients of various weights as well as tools, ladders, emergency equipment, bending, squatting, sitting, pushing & pulling power cots
- Assisting with public relations programs (e.g., performing blood pressure checks for public, conducting station tours, etc.); performing other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience as an EMT or newly certified
- Knowledge of: EMS techniques; safety practices and procedures; EMT rules and regulations; emergency medical care procedures; first aid practices; cardiopulmonary resuscitation; equipment; chemicals and other materials used in custodial services; workplace safety; ambulance operations.
- Skill in emergency medical equipment operations and rescue equipment
- Ability to: stay calm and make the right decisions in adverse conditions
- Ability to: carry out basic but detailed written or oral instructions; interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, picture, or schedule form
- Ability to: deal with variety of variables within somewhat unfamiliar context; recognize unusual or threatening conditions and take appropriate action; exercise independent judgment; understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, or regulations to specific situations
- Ability to: compile and prepare reports; communicate effectively; develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to demonstrate physical endurance; travel to and gain access to work site
- Ability to lift, position, and move disabled or bedridden clients/patients; operate emergency vehicle, rescue equipment, computer, electronic equipment; operate ambulance/ambulette
- Integrity and compassion towards others, positive attitude
- Demonstrate regular and predictable attendance; follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Maintain required licenses and/or certificates
- Valid driver’s license
- High school diploma
- Schedule(s) for this position are dependent on the facility in which one is hired. Candidates will be hired at the station closest to where they live.
- Day and night shifts are available at all stations, and hours vary by location.
- More details on the schedule can be discussed upon interviewing the candidate.
- This role will sometimes require more than 40 hours per week.
- Most runs are generated from area hospitals and nursing facilities on a demand-based basis. Therefore, working hours may sometimes unexpectedly shift to ensure a patient’s needs are met.
- $14.00 / hour – EMT Basic
- $16.00 / hour – EMT Advanced
All field employees are paid at an hourly rate. Based on EMT-Basic certification and current schedules without pre-scheduled overtime, annual income is approximately $29,120; Advanced EMT is approximately $33,280 - $38,272.
Benefits and features:
- Health plan, after 3 months of employment: Dental, Vision and Aflac plans are available
- Paid time off of 34 hours after 6 months of employment (upon meeting the criteria)
- Paid Time off of 68 hours after one year of service
- 401k program
- EMT Scholarship Program
- 30 brand new vehicles in the fleet
- Primary life pack monitors
- All power cots
- Automatic ambulance wash at the Greenville station
- Family owned and operated business
- Leaders who don't just sit behind a desk all day - they get out and work the truck too.
- A culture where no one is a number, where people matter, and where team members are respected.
About Spirit Medical Transport:
Spirit Medical Transport has 5 locations (4 in Ohio and 1 in Indiana) and serves 87 facilities. They provide a wide variety of services to meet the needs of patients and clients including three levels of ambulance service as well as wheelchair and ambulatory transportation. Our motto is “everyone goes home safe.”
To apply, complete the attached Application for Employment with Spirit Medical transport form. You can also download the form at this location:
You may contact Victoria Strelnikova, Operations Manager, at email@example.com if you have any questions. Do not contact Spirit Medical Transport directly.
Spirit Medical has contracted with Virtual Works, LLC a recruitment and hiring firm located in Columbus, Ohio, to conduct the applicant search on our behalf.