Assists with small and large events (12-200 people) and rentals at the West Chester Activity Center (WCAC) for primarily evening and weekend events as needed. Provides a blend of hospitality, housekeeping, set up/take down of furniture, and security/supervision. Ensures incoming calls are answered and forwarded to the appropriate personnel.
Part-time position. May include evenings and some weekends. 10-20 hours per week
Provides exemplary customer service by creating an environment for rentals and events focused on hospitality and with respect for diversity.
• Provides coverage and security for activities or events during primarily evening and weekend hours. Events may be as small as a dozen people or as large as 200 people. One shift may include multiple events or back-to-back events.
• Ensures club is locked and secured after evening events have ended.
• Set up and prepare areas for special events and regularly scheduled activities as needed (table and chair placements, decorations, food displays, etc.).
• Disassembles and/or stores tables, chairs, decorations and other items used during special events and activities as needed.
• Hosts functions/events include, but are not limited to:
• Welcomes participants attending evening and weekend functions.
• Provides needed equipment (i.e. video projector, refreshments, etc.)
• Remains attentive and watchful during the event to insure things are going smoothly and there are no safety issues.
• Collects and disposes of trash throughout building following events.
• Completes other custodial or clean-up duties as designated per the event and in accordance with agreement with the contracted deep cleaning service.
• Ensures the building is left in setup mode for next event or next day of Activity Center business, as instructed by the supervisor.
• Locks building and sets alarm.
• Provides timely feedback to the department supervisor regarding service failures and customer concerns.
• May pick up or deliver items from other agencies, donors, etc., as requested.
• Greets, assists and directs members and visitors to appropriate room.
• Receives and documents all monetary transactions received in accordance with Partners in Prime’s financial practices, policies and procedures.
• Promotes current member activities, calendar of events and membership information to interested parties.
• Answers phone calls, transfers calls or take accurate messages including checking voice mail.
• Insures rental customers are adhering to the language and agreement set forth in the signed rental contract, including, but not limited to enforcing provisions related to alcohol on the premises and other prohibitions or allowances.
• All other duties as assigned and/or appropriate to the position.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
Licenses or other required certifications:
Experience: One year prior experience with activities, events, or janitorial services
Specialized knowledge, skills, or abilities:
• Must have a valid driver license and provide proof of auto insurance
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle
• Ability to adapt to a flexible scheduling which includes evenings and weekends
• Ability to prioritize responsibilities
• Strong customer service skills including a helpful and friendly attitude
• Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Must be able to work independently and as a team player
• Ability to promote and maintain a safe and positive work environment
• Strong ability to interact positively with community at large and promote positive image of Partners in Prime
• Demonstrate a commitment to company values
• Must be able to successfully complete orientation and training sessions
How to Apply