The City of Blue Ash is seeking an enthusiastic team member to help assist events and programming at Summit Park. The Events and Programming Assistant position is a Part-Time Permanent position with an average of 25-30 hours per week year round. Often requires working nights and weekends.
Additional benefits this position enjoys will be paid on-site training; opportunities for leadership advancement and merit-increases for those who excel; contributions to the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, Sand Trap Grill Restaurant, and Blue Ash Cafe.
Summit Park, located in the center of Blue Ash, is a beautiful, 130-acre world-class park that provides exciting, year-round events, activities, and unique learning opportunities. Experience a breathtaking 360-degree view of the Tri-State in the free Observation Tower, explore the Naturescape playground, discover trails, catch a fish in the pond, take your furry friend to the dog park, and dine in one of four outstanding on-site restaurants! In the winter months, the park offers unique and affordable fun with ice skating and sledding. Summit Park is also an exceptional venue for national and regional entertainment, and it is the perfect site for gatherings or events. At Summit Park, you really can do it all!
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Serve as an active member of the Events and Programming Team, including staffing special events, annual events and programs.
- Assist in supervising/staffing events hosted by organizations other than the City of Blue Ash, by serving as a city representative during the event as well as for set up and tear-down.
- Serve as primary contact for the Free Fitness Program at Summit Park.
- Assist with managing space/room rentals at Summit Park, including checking groups in and out and staffing rentals.
- Work with vendors on event related-matters, and initiate vendor contracts.
- Regular phone calls, emails and other communication with vendors, instructors and community members and detailed record keeping of those communications.
• Enthusiastic personality interested in providing exemplary customer service in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to add to a cohesive and supportive team environment around like-minded, positive and creative team members
• Strong organizational and communication skills. Willingness to learn new thing and ability to think creatively.
• Ability to complete multiple tasks in a timely manner with high attention to detail.
• Willingness and ability to work outdoors under different weather conditions for extended periods of time.
• Ability to stand/and or walk up to 6+ hours during a shift.
• Must be able to lift/exert up to 50 pounds of force occaFLEXsionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
• Candidates must be able to accommodate a fluctuating schedule and capable of working evenings and weekends.
• Successfully pass a drug screen and a comprehensive background check
How to Apply
Apply prior to the closing time of the job announcement and allow at least an hour to submit your application if you are a new user on the system. APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ON-LINE ONLY at www.BlueAsh.com.
The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.