SALARY: $43,347.20 - $64,084.80 Annually
OPENING DATE: 12/10/21
CLOSING DATE: 01/07/22 11:59 PM
DESCRIPTION: The City of Blue Ash is seeking applicants to fill a Full-Time position of Facilities Maintenance Supervisor. This position is responsible for assisting the Facilities Maintenance Superintendent in the management of janitorial maintenance of all City owned buildings and structures; and performs other appropriate duties assigned by or through the City Manager.
The Facilities Maintenance Supervisor must have a flexible schedule to supervise, assist, and train staff on all shifts including nights and weekends.
This position will enjoy paid, on-site training; contributions into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (Pension); potential for paid overtime or compensatory time-off; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discounts for family members; and discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, and Sandtrap Grill. Additional Full-Time benefit packages are available.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES: This work requires extensive knowledge in the daily maintenance of the janitorial and sanitary needs of commercial municipal and recreation properties. Such work will be maintained in a high quality condition at all times.
- Responsible for supervising, scheduling, and evaluating of all janitorial full and part-time personnel and their daily duties, jobs, and responsibilities.
- Responsible for ordering supplies and materials and maintaining all janitorial inventories for all buildings.
- Maintains and monitors all janitorial equipment and chemicals, MSDS booklets, and time studies with required reports.
- Serves as customer service representative for facility.
- Coordinates Facilities Maintenance Operations, creates, and supervises programs specific to assigned maintenance areas.
- Responsible for safety, work procedures, and training issues for all full and part-time janitorial staff per Health Department standards.
- Enforces City and Department rules and policies and maintains administrative paperwork.
- Maintains preventive maintenance schedules on all floor maintenance requirements.
- Schedules and assists with all facilities, entertainment, and business rental/space clean up.
- Performs research on cost reduction methods and maintaining approved budgets.
- Assists Facilities Superintendent with maintaining budgets and forecasting.
- Performs janitorial/custodial duties and provides shift coverage as needed
TYPICAL QUALIFICATIONS: Basic knowledge of facilities cleaning techniques and ability to maintain inventory; basic knowledge of all janitorial requirements for commercial and municipal buildings; ability to maintain a minimum/maximum inventory system for ordering of janitorial supplies and equipment; working knowledge of material safety data sheets and logs and ability to maintain compliance; strong communication skills and ability to execute daily facility needs and meet set schedules; ability to effectively supervise people and to interact with the public; good physical condition, neat personal appearance.
ACCEPTABLE EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING: Three or more years in the janitorial and facilities maintenance field with supervisory experience is required. The desired candidate will have proven experience working as a Janitorial Supervisor, a working knowledge of various cleaning methods, exceptional communication skills combined with excellent customer service and organizational skills. An equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skill and abilities may be considered.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at www.BlueAsh.com. Apply prior to the closing date/time of the job announcement and allow at least one hour to submit your application if you are a new user on the system. The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.