The City of Blue Ash Facilities Maintenance Division is seeking applicants for a position of PART-TIME FACILITIES MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN. This position reports and assists the Facilities Maintenance Superintendent.
This position is a part-time permanent, year-round position working 7:00 AM to 2:30 PM four (4) days per week.
This position will enjoy contributions into the Ohio Public Employees Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility for family members; and discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, Sandtrap Grill and Blue Ash Cafe.
Located just 20 minutes north of Downtown Cincinnati, Blue Ash offers a unique blend of small town charm, top-rated amenities, major employers, and big city access that makes it the perfect place to raise your family, advance your career, have fun, and enjoy the good life.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
The Facilities Maintenance Technician (Part-Time) performs intermediate tasks related to day-to-day maintenance and repair of buildings and equipment. Functions will include, but are not limited to:
- daily inspections of buildings and equipment;
- installations and general maintenance and repairs including plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting, HVAC;
- responds to emergency situations and evaluates and corrects defects;
- assists other trades as needed;
- adheres to all safety practices and procedures;
- cleans and maintains work areas and equipment;
- attends meetings/trainings;
- properly completes documentation;
- provides a high level of customer service;
- communicates with customers, coworkers and supervision via written, electronic and verbal methods;
- operates department vehicle; and
- performs other duties as assigned.
• Familiarity with commercial-level electric systems,
• HVAC systems and controls, mechanical abilities;
• Familiarity with tools and equipment;
• Blueprint and schematic reading;
• General knowledge of carpentry, drywalling and finishing work;
• Ability and willingness to perform manual labor;
• Ability to understand and follow directives without close supervision;
• Ability to lift heavy articles; stamina; dependability;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, coworkers, management; and
• neat appearance.
Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's license is required.
HOW TO APPLY: Apply online at www.BlueAsh.com. The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.
How to Apply
Apply online at www.BlueAsh.com. The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.