Reports to: Director of Engineering
FLSA Status: FT, Hourly
The statements below reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the major responsibilities of the identified position and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job. An asterisk (*) indicates that this is an essential function of the job as outlined in the American with Disabilities Act.
The Facility Maintenance Technician is a skilled worker responsible for the maintenance, repair and operation of heating, cooling, steam/hot water boilers, and boiler auxiliary equipment (generally falling under the heading of HVAC, electrical, plumbing and general building maintenance) within the Facility Operations Department. This position will implement new technology and lead the team in new technology use. The Facility Maintenance Technician will also demonstrate the ability to instruct and cross train others on advanced repairs in multiple trades (HVAC, electric, plumbing, specialized control systems, etc.) in multiple building operating systems.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Should have a working knowledge of tasks associated with operating a commercial building. Strong mechanical aptitude for working on HVAC equipment, but also ability to troubleshoot and make repairs and/or alterations in office areas to lighting, electrical outlets & switching, door locks and hardware, ceiling tiles, carpets, etc.
• Demonstrate proper procedures to isolate and lock-out systems for which they are responsible for and identify any deficiencies.
• Work with new and emerging technology including Building Automation Systems (BAS).
• Should have an understanding of wet, dry and pre-action sprinkler systems and be able to identify all associated components connected to these systems.
• Work with contractors, as needed, to supervise and insure they carry out the required work activities they were hired to perform.
Qualifications and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalency required; Attendance at a vocational or technical school is preferred. Five to seven years of multi-trade experience with a concentration in HVAC, electrical, steam or plumbing. Two years of experience in the operation, troubleshooting and repair of building automation systems and controls. Universal certification to work with CFC’s (Chlorofluorocarbons) is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Must possess effective skills in problem solving, teamwork, and attention to detail
• Must have a general knowledge and exercise good safety practices related to the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) when the task at hand required it.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and the general public.
• Must be able to safely work on extension ladders and high lifts and have the ability to work in confined spaces.
• Must be able to understand instructions and other communications regarding work assignments and other matters. Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds frequently, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Must be able to identify and use general hand tools, some handheld power tools and some gas powered lawn tools.
This position may be required to report to work during adverse weather conditions even though the organization may be operating on an alternate schedule. This position may assist with snow and ice removal under the direction of a supervisor. Must participate in an on-call program with other members of the team to cover after hour calls. Must be able to work overtime and/or alternate shifts when necessary for emergencies and unforeseen circumstances.
About the Department:
The positions of the Facilities Division service the staff and public at the historic Cincinnati Museum Center (CMC) at Union Terminal. The Facilities Division provides building services, maintenance, security, custodial, landscape, utility, 24 hours a day, 363 days a year. The goal is to deliver cost effective services for CMC, ensure completed projects and maintenance that conform to codes and regulations, while minimizing CMC’s liabilities and disruptions caused by the maintenance, repair, building, and equipment modifications to the facility.
How to Apply
To apply online go to: