Under the direct supervision of the Building Official, the Facilities Maintenance Worker is responsible for preventative maintenance of and minor repairs to City buildings and HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems. This position also monitors the repairs done by outside contractors.
- Performs preventative maintenance, troubleshoots problems, and performs minor repairs on City buildings and HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems, to include changing belts, replacing filters, and greasing bearings
- Makes recommendations to the appropriate Department Director regarding necessary repairs or improvements
- Obtains estimates from contractors for repairs and improvements and consults with the appropriate Department Director
- Makes periodic checks on the progress of contracted work
- Reviews invoices from contractors for completeness and accuracy and forwards invoices to the appropriate Department Director for payment
- Maintains maintenance schedules and records, repair occurrences, equipment documents, and warranty information
- Changes lightbulbs as needed in all City buildings except the Public Works Department
- Performs any and all other duties as assigned
- The pay range for this position is $17.34 - $30.60 per hour, depending on qualifications.
1. High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
2. Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age
3. Must possess a valid driver’s license
4. Must have experience in commercial HVAC maintenance and repair
5. Knowledge of and ability to repair and maintain commercial buildings and HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems
6. Knowledge of Siemens APOGEE system is preferred
7. Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, associates, contractors, and Department Directors
8. Ability to maintain records and prepare reports
9. Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
10. Must have basic computer skills
The Facilities Maintenance Worker typically works 20 - 25 hours per week Monday through Friday. Duties are performed primarily in an indoor office environment.
Must be able to lift fifty (50) pounds, crouch, stoop, crawl, climb ladders and scaffolding, and utilize lift equipment to complete the duties of the position.
How to Apply
Application packets shall be downloaded at https://www.springdale.org/publicfiles/2020%20Employment%20Application.pdf and submitted via email at email@example.com, by mail, OR in person at the Springdale Municipal Building (11700 Springfield Pike) on weekdays between the hours of 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Applications will be accepted through September 16, with the first review of applications occurring on September 10.