Makino has an amazing 26 week training course that will catapult you into success here at Makino. As a PQS (Personal Qualification Standard) - Navy term, you will:
- Successfully complete PQS classroom and OJT training assignments
- Train to install, and provide technical knowledge and troubleshooting on machine tools
- Learn to evaluate and make recommendations regarding technical issues
- Learn to support customers by providing a communication link between customer and Makino
- Develop skills to create procedural documentation
- Learn to understand and effectively utilize the Customer Support computer system
- Provide communication and feedback to trainers and team leaders
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn logical troubleshooting
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Present professional image
- Rational decision making
- Willing to work overtime and travel weekly
- Open to relocation at the end of the program
- Must have and maintain a good driving record
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a co-op, internship or full/part-time job in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of a specialized field such as machine tool manufacture, installation, operation, maintenance and repair, and a broad shop background equivalent to a complete, accredited apprenticeship training.
Once you complete the program there are options to go most places in the US or even stay here in the Cincinnati area.
Check us out: Careers at Makino | Makino