Apex Systems, has an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Field Service Technician with a large client in the Cincinnati & Dayton area.
To apply, please send your resume to Phillip at email@example.com
Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current valid State Driver’s License.
- Reliable form of transportation
- Must own reliable transportation, basic hand tools (screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters and a drill), and 6-8 foot ladder.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follows all safety and pre-install requirements
- Brings all necessary tools, equipment, and supplies to a central location within the client’s building or place residence.
- Drills and cuts holes for building sensors, controls, and all other peripheral devices as directed.
- Sets up boxes of wire at each sensor, control, and peripheral device locations.
- Pulls wires in attic or crawl spaces to the main CPU, punch block, installation, splice, and tag point or interconnect location.
- Install conduit, flexible conduit and/or wire moldings as well electrical boxes and fittings as needed.
- Punch down all equipment devices and neatly dress all wires as needed, such as zip tying.
- Ensures client home/business is clean and free of any installation debris.
- Assist or perform system programming, thorough test of the alarm system, and customer training in the use of all system functions.
- Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up procedures. Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving center to properly establish service. Reads building, electrical and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- Required to sit or stand in different positions for long periods.
- Will climb and stand on ladders for long periods.
- Operate power tools such as electrical drills, and hand tools such as a screwdriver.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently crawl, kneel, crouch, or lay down in tight spaces
- Will be reimbursed $0.26/ mile up to 600 miles a week
- Long term career opportunity
- Eligible for cell phone reimbursement
How to Apply
Email resume to Phillip at firstname.lastname@example.org