We are looking for a talented Field Technician who wants to be part of a purpose-driven organization that’s focused on helping our clients, colleagues and communities thrive. Our people are Stantec’s most valuable resource, and in joining our team you will be able to leverage your career experiences and expertise within a culture that values inclusion, celebrates shared success, and applauds ambition.
Stantec is at the forefront of the water industry, delivering thousands of projects for hundreds of communities globally. Our purpose is to conceive and develop the most impactful water projects that improve the health, quality of life and sustainability of the communities we live in and serve. From droughts to floods to sanitation systems, Stantec’s Water team designs fit for purpose solutions to all facets of the water infrastructure life cycle. We provide services related to water resources, reservoirs and dams, water supply, wastewater networks and treatment, flood mitigation and river basin management
Does working with clients on great projects, with a talented team of professional’s appeal to you? Apply now and you can join some of the best technical people in the world and work on projects you can be proud of!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Install and maintain flow meters in combined sewer and sanitary sewer systems.
- Install and maintain tipping bucket rain gauge systems with telemetry.
- Perform sewer manhole entries and completes inspections of the storm water systems and sanitary sewer collection systems.
- Troubleshoot telemetry equipment, flow meters, data loggers, etc.
- Conducts all aspects of sample collection for wastewater during wet-weather events, some can be outside normal business hours.
- Perform dye water testing and smoke testing to identify system leakages and verifying source of inflow and infiltration.
- Demonstrate competency in operating a variety of equipment including electronic data loggers, flow meters, power tools, hand tools, etc.
- Demonstrate understanding and compliance with Health, Safety, Security and Environmental policies, procedures and safe practices as required by Stantec and client specific obligations, as required.
- This position will require extensive field work locally and some regional travel to meet project and client needs.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- May be required to obtain certification in confined space entry, first aid, etc.
- Demonstrates behavior that is aligned to Stantec’s core Values; demonstrates motivation, willingness to learn and takes initiative.
- Ability to work effectively and safely in a team environment.
- Physical requirements for this role require climbing, kneeling, crawling, standing, sitting, walking, pushing/pulling, grasping and repetitive motions and lifting up to 50 lbs. This position requires exposure to a variety of physical conditions and extreme weather.
Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience: Minimum of 0-2 years of relevant work experience; prior experience with sewer related field work preferred.
- License: Valid State Driver’s License meeting Stantec’s insurability requirements
- Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.