Protect life and property, prevent crime and enforce laws, rules and regulations. Patrol buildings and grounds. Investigate complaints, criminal offenses and assist community members as needed. Perform security at special events including traffic control and parking operations. Perform other specialized duties as assigned by the Chief of Police or shift Lieutenants based on training, experience and interest.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patrol buildings and grounds on foot, golf cart, and bicycle and in patrol vehicles
- Apprehend violators
- Issue parking, traffic and discipline citations
- Investigate complaints, criminal offenses and motor vehicle accidents
- Assist stranded motorists with jump starts and lockouts
- Work with the Xavier community to provide quality crime prevention and community oriented policing programs designed to educate in all areas of personal and campus safety
- Perform security at special events
- Assist with fire and safety inspections
- Aid and protect officials and visitors
Qualified candidates, if selected for offer, will be required to pass a drug screening, a department physical assessment test as well as other University required tests.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Where to apply: https://www.xavier.edu/working-at-xavier/
• High School or GED
• Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA) certified.
• Pass physical fitness test
• Pass drug screen
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree
• Two years of police experience relevant to the position.
How to Apply
To ensure consideration, interested and qualified applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University's website.
Your application materials will only be kept in the system for 6 months.
We invite you to visit our website periodically to review new positions as they become available and update your profile as needed.