In order to be considered for the position, you must apply to the Miami University HireTouch system. Please use the following link to apply: Job ID: 6753 -
This position plans, organizes and directs all activities of a large scale full menu food service operation which may include scratch preparation kitchen, and multiple customer service stations for eat-in and take-out foods.
- Plans and supervises the day-to-day activities of food preparation and service, in such a manner that it ensures effective, efficient and economical operation in terms of labor, food, supplies, utilities and other costs.
- Gives direction and assistance to all staff in all areas of food operation including the preparation of food and provision of service according to the high standards of the department.
- Maintains appropriate inventory and orders food and supplies. Oversees the proper care and handling of food, equipment, facilities, and supplies to provide a safe and sanitary food service operation.
- Coordinates the custodial and maintenance care of the facility, works with appropriate university support staff to accomplish objectives. Addresses building, facilities, and equipment maintenance or repair need appropriately.
- Communicates effectively with unit staff, fellow-members of the food service management team, others within the university community, and the general public.
- Prepares and maintains records, reports, and evaluations.
- Evaluates work performance of staff on a continual basis. Recommends discipline as needed. Develops staff in order to increase the effectiveness of each member.
Associate’s degree in a related field (Hospitality Management, Culinary Arts, Dietetics, Management, etc.) and 3 – 5 years of progressive experience in vending or other food service operations, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Candidate must demonstrate proficiency in food service operations, related equipment, safety, budgets, reporting, payroll, organized, train staff, supervise, oral and written communication skills, professional, customer service.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
Working knowledge of University and departmental programs in Kronos, Micros and FSS.
Certificate in a related field from a nationally recognized program (Foodservice Management Professional or the like)
How to Apply
Job ID: 6753 -