- Deliver excellent guest services and salesmanship techniques. Appropriately address guest and Member needs to increase guest satisfaction and drive sale opportunities. Perform guest recovery as necessary to address concerns/issues and resolve conflicts that arise; take situations to department Manager on Duty as necessary.
- Lead by example, provide direct training and support and supervise Guest Experience team while promoting a positive work environment. Coordinate with all other departments to provide a safe, friendly, and optimally functional Rotunda, lobbies, group entry, parking lot, and attraction egresses, especially during peak times, emergencies, and special events.
- Directly manage ticket sales, group entry, program sales and Membership transactions and fulfillment at Point of Sale; including collecting revenue, applying appropriate special offers/promotions/incentives, recording accurate guest and Member data, printing and distributing the Member Pass and loading corresponding benefits to the Member Pass. Operate a scheduling and reservations system to execute ticket sales, group reservations, membership sales, and special programs/event reservations. Efficient and accurate entry of Member, group, or individual data; work to maintain accurate database.
- Maintain integrity and precision of sales system and database records to ensure best information is available to fully assist guests and Members and coordinate with the call center for immediate corrections needed for daily operation to continue.
- Enforce loss prevention and cash handling policies and procedures, including variance reporting, finance reconciliation, and securing cash and currency.
- Create staffing schedules and daily break plans to optimize service and labor management; monitor and adjust time keeping system for inaccurate/incomplete shifts and breaks.
- Help in the development and delivery of initial and ongoing trainings for consistency and improvement of service delivery, salesmanship, hospitality, team building, and messaging to guests and Members with goals of delivering a world-class service experience and creating a culture of exceptional service. Assist creation, updating and maintenance of department policies and procedures manuals, job aides and resources, and communication tools.
- Provide orientation, guidance and assistance to guests, Members and groups through general information, pricing information, programs/events schedule, etc; help them plan their day for the most meaningful experience possible.
- Assist with the delivery of promotions/initiatives and marketing messages as they relate to guest satisfaction and driving repeat visitation, Member retention and new membership. Actively pursue information related to events, programs, service delivery, salesmanship, special exhibits, museum exhibits, and any other activities.
- Assist with the planning and execution of all guest and Member appreciation events, film screenings, exhibit previews, recognition activities, special offers, paid and public programs, fundraising efforts and cross-promotions to provide special experiences.
- Take initiative to recognize opportunities for improvement in processes or procedures and work with management to make necessary changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be a part of creating meaningful experiences, inspiration and lasting memories!
- Membership to the Cincinnati Museum Center and free admission to Special Exhibits
- Free parking at Cincinnati Museum Center
- Discounts at food and beverage locations and in gift shops
- Discounts on tours, programs and events
Education and Experience:
High school graduate or equivalent required.
At least two years of management experience.
Experience in area of admissions, sales, hospitality, retail or customer service preferred.
Experience with museums, non-profits, hospitality industry or large venues preferred.
Previous cash handling experience and operational experience with a POS system strongly preferred.
Experience working with volunteers is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent guest relation and interpersonal skills including conflict-resolution, team-building and interfacing with diverse internal and external audience; and an outgoing, friendly personality.
Ability to follow direction, remain flexible, maintain composure and communicate effectively and professionally in fast paced situations or during periods of change.
Ability to use multi-line phone system and multifaceted computer software systems.
Ability to type 30-40 wpm, complete complex data entry processes with speed and accuracy, count cash with precision and effectively use Microsoft Office applications*
Professional demeanor with a degree of integrity, confidentiality, ethics and dedication to the mission of Cincinnati Museum Center.
Strong organizational and communication skills, with high attention to detail. Time management skills including ability to initiate, prioritize, manage and complete multiple tasks in an energetic environment and work well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads, constant demands and frequent interruptions.
Self-motivation and initiative; ability to work both independently and as a team member.
Additional Requirements & Working Conditions:
Position is full time, hourly. Requires flexible schedule to meet business demands, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
This position takes place in both indoors and outdoors. This position requires long periods of standing, sitting and walking. May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather, including rain and snow.
Team environment where all input for improvement is appreciated and all team members support one another.
Work location is Union Terminal, 1301 Western Ave. Parking is provided.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://goo.gl/XeAuzM