- Deliver excellent guest services and salesmanship techniques. Appropriately address guest and Member needs to increase guest satisfaction and drive sale opportunities. Provide guidance and assistance to guests, Members and groups through general information, pricing information, programs/events schedule, etc; help them plan their day for the most meaningful experience possible.
- Operate multi-line phone system to provide superior service for internal and external guests. Respond promptly to all calls in a professional and friendly manner. Speak clearly and practice good listening skills and ask probing questions to determine how to best serve the caller. Must be able to answer consecutive telephone calls each with a fresh perspective.
- Operate a scheduling and reservations system to execute ticket sales, group reservations, membership sales, and special programs/event reservations over the phone. Efficient and accurate entry of Member, group, or individual data; work to maintain accurate database. Schedule group reservations taking into account availability of CMC resources, policies of CMC, and the requests of groups. Create reservations for private events and public programming.
- Assist with the delivery of promotions/initiatives and marketing messages as they relate to guest satisfaction and driving repeat visitation, Member retention and new membership. Actively pursue information related to events, programs, service delivery, salesmanship, special exhibits, museum exhibits, and any other activities.
- Follow all processes and procedures to help department meet service and sales goals.
- Take initiative to recognize opportunities for improvement in processes or procedures and work with management to make necessary changes.
- Actively participate in initial and ongoing trainings for consistency and improvement of service delivery, salesmanship, hospitality, team building, and messaging to guests and Members with goals of delivering a world-class service experience and creating a culture of exceptional service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Be a part of creating meaningful experiences, inspiration and lasting memories!
- Membership to the Cincinnati Museum Center and free admission to Special Exhibits
- Free parking at Cincinnati Museum Center
- Discounts at food and beverage locations and in gift shops
- Discounts on tours, programs and events
Education and Experience:
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Two years of customer service or telephone sales preferred.
Experience with museums, non-profits, hospitality industry or large venues is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent guest relation and interpersonal skills including conflict-resolution and interfacing with diverse internal and external audience; and an outgoing, friendly personality.
Ability to follow direction, remain flexible, maintain composure and communicate effectively and professionally in fast paced situations or during periods of change.
Ability to use multi-line phone system and multifaceted computer software systems.
Ability to type 30-40 wpm, complete complex data entry processes with speed and accuracy, count cash with precision and effectively use Microsoft Office applications*
Professional demeanor with a degree of integrity, confidentiality, ethics and dedication to the mission of Cincinnati Museum Center.
Strong organizational and communication skills, with high attention to detail.
Self-motivation and initiative; ability to work both independently and as a team member.
Ability to complete multiple tasks in an energetic environment and work well under pressure with periodic heavy workloads, constant demands, and frequent interruptions.
Additional Requirements & Working Conditions:
Position is part-time, hourly. Requires flexible schedule to meet business demands, including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
This position takes place in a fast-paced call center with sound bleed and other distractions during busy times. 90% of the shift is seated, responding to calls and working on a computer. Personal headsets are provided for hands free call response and keying.
Team environment where all input for improvement is appreciated and all team members support one another.
Current office is located at 250 W. Court St, Ste 300 E. Future offices will be at Union Terminal, 1301 Western Ave. Both offices provide parking either on-site or just adjacent to the building.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://goo.gl/ZjqvnA