Provide service to Miami University community for hardware and software supported by IT Services. Function as a senior support resource and assist other support staff on servicing designated systems, providing ongoing guidance to the support team, and assist in the creation and success of a warranty and non-warranty hardware support center. Organize and maintain work tickets and provide excellent customer service. Troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues related to the designated environment.
- Provide computer repair support for faculty, staff, and students by directly solving hardware and software issues that have been escalated to the Tier II level, in a timely manner.
- Document issues and develop quotes for customer system repairs. Explain necessary repairs to customers, exhibiting excellent customer service.
- Maintain and develop documentation and standard-operating-procedures for existing and novel system repairs, especially those that are not already documented in the Knowledge Base.Analyze and summarize the impact of new processes and technologies in the organization.
- Act as a liaison between areas within IT Services to coordinate technology projects requiring communication, sharing of information, and cooperation across many areas of expertise.
- Document needed system components and order from supplier depots, as necessary, maintaining the applicable standards and conditions set for warranty and non-warranty repairs.
- Seek to improve quality of service levels. Maintain proper training level to provide warranty support for supported hardware and software..
- Day to day supervision of student staff. Train, assign and inspect work and make employment recommendations. May also train, assign, inspect and direct work of staff. Responsibility for coaching and staff counsel and recommend for disciplinary action.
* Associate's degree or vocational or technical school degree in a related field or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed may be substituted.
* 1-3 years of related experience in troubleshooting and repairing hardware problems in a complex networked environment (Microsoft Windows, Mac/Apple, Dell). Knowledge of application software, networking, and databases.
* Intermediate knowledge (2+ years) of troubleshooting and repairing hardware problems in a complex networked environment
* Bachelor's degree in IT, computer science, computer engineering or management information systems.
* Basic knowledge (1+ years) of application software
* Dell Business Class Hardware Certification
* Apple Hardware and Software Certification Assessed through Interview
* Ability to analyze causes of client problems
* Ability to generate solutions to problem causes
* Customer service skills; including diplomatically, patiently, and successfully handling complaints, problems, questions, conflict, and suggestions
* Ability and willingness to work independently in a team environment
* Ability to take initiative in providing support to the client
* Ability to create and improve documentation, instructions, and detailed case descriptions
* Ability to prioritize projects and work on multiple projects simultaneously
How to Apply