The Culinary and Nutritional Services Associate provides assistance in all culinary functions in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure that quality nutritional services are provided on a daily basis and that the culinary services are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
Essential Activities and TasksOperations Management
- Performs day-to-day culinary functions to serve meals and snacks that are palatable and appetizing in appearance that provides residents with an exceptional dining experience.
- Assists in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis, delivers food carts, trays, etc. to designated areas, and works in serveries.
- Serves food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
- Ensures that culinary services work areas and equipment are maintained in a clean, sanitary, and safe manner. Assists in daily or scheduled cleaning duties as needed and directed by supervisor (i.e. cleaning work stations, counters, refrigerators/freezers, etc., sweeping and mopping floors, washing dishes and returning clean items to proper storage areas, removing garbage, keeping work areas clean, dry, and free of hazardous equipment and supplies, etc.).
- Assists in executing special events and participating in their planning and preparation.
- Distributes, collects, and counts menus as necessary.
Quality and Compliance Management
- Ensures that established quality assurance, infection control, and universal precaution practices are maintained when performing departmental procedures.
- Maintains the confidentiality of resident care information.
- Willingly and consistently shares observations and insights of departmental operations that may improve quality and efficiencies of department.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
Customer Relations and Service Delivery
- Listens and responds to the needs of residents and staff members.
- Helps residents and visitors feel welcome and comfortable.
Administration and Reporting
- Maintains current and accurate records through use of computers and/or other documentation in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
•Tenth grade education required.
•High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
•Food service experience a plus, but not required. On-the-job training provided.
•Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
How to Apply
Go to www.ohioliving.org/careers, put in Monroe, OH as the location and click on the Monroe box to find listings at Ohio Living Mount Pleasant.