Summary: Under the supervision of the Facility & Event Manager, this position performs a variety of general purpose duties as required to facilitate the rental, food and beverage service operations, and associated operational needs at the Voice of America Park. Ronald Reagan Lodge operates largely with full-service preferred caterers.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions:
- Opening of facility, setup of AV equipment, meet with client(s) and setup of beverage and/or food service as needed for day’s event(s).
- Monitors all activity of the event, including cleanliness of all areas, tending to concerns/requests of the clients, lighting, AV use, temperature control, etc.
- Operates and maintains the Point of Sale (POS) cash register/credit card systems. Completes Package Invoice/Deposit paperwork accurately and in a timely manner in order to make required bank deposits.
- Assists with inventory as assigned. Alerts Facility & Events Manager to any cash handling or product inventory discrepancies pursuant to established accounting procedures.
- Bar and food service duties may include handling, preparation of, and selling beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic), and other items, stocking shelves and general cleaning, including associated restrooms.
- Follows State, Local and MetroParks health regulations and policies relative to the safe handling, preparation and sale of food, kitchen utensils and proper disposal. Complies with State regulations pursuant to the purchase and sale of beer, wine, and other alcoholic beverages.
- Operates non-licensed motor vehicles or ATVs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to work independently, including opening and closing of facility
Ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive issues and nonpublic records
Knowledge of basic food preparation techniques
Knowledge of sanitation practices
Ability to understand and follow directions
Ability to follow all applicable MetroParks policies and procedures
Required Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED.
Minimum of 21 years of age at time of employment.
Ability to operate a cash register, to track and accurately handle payments, make change, and process credit card payments.
Successful completion of ServSafe Food Handler or similar course within six months of hire date and thereafter. Competent working knowledge of Ohio and local regulations relative to the safe preparation, sale, and handling of food in a retail environment.
Successful completion of TIPPS or similar alcohol training course within six months of hire date and thereafter.
Obtain within the first six months of employment, CPR, First Aid, and AED certifications through the American Heart Association or Red Cross and to maintain such certifications thereafter.
Preferred Education and Experience:
Knowledge of audio-visual equipment setup including, but not limited to projectors, DVD players, VCRs, notebook computers, microphones and PowerPoint software
Previous retail experience
Work Environment & Schedule:
This job performs in a hospitality environment and requires a high level of customer service. This is an intermittent hourly position as work could include extended hours on days scheduled not to exceed the maximum number of hours listed for the shift and/or a varied work schedule, including weekends and holidays. Applicants will be hired and assigned to one or more of the following shifts based upon availability.
Between the hours 6:30 am and 1:30 pm for a maximum of 7 hours per day for early shift employees, or
Between the hours of 12:30 pm and 8:00 pm for a maximum of 7.5 hours per day for swing shift employees, or
Between the hours of 7:00 pm – close for a maximum of 6 hours for late shift employees.
Physical effort usually requires considerable walking, standing, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling, with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 pounds. Working conditions can include exposure to high and low temperatures while providing service for outdoor events.
The position functions and responsibilities are illustrative only and do not represent all the duties or tasks to be assigned or performed by an employee with this position title.
Alternates to the above qualifications may be acceptable as approved by the Executive Director.
How to Apply
A completed application must be submitted by 4:00 pm on Friday, January 31, 2020. Applications can be found at: https://www.yourmetroparks.net/about/careers