SCOPE: To troubleshoot and repair systems and components and inspect and complete service requests in a timely efficient manner for the Building Maintenance department.
At Cincinnati Children’s, we believe in nurturing employees’ lives as well as their careers. Our benefits equal or surpass other hospitals in the region, and we’re proud to offer one of the best working environments in our field to include opportunities to advance your career within our organization. Our benefits help you manage your health, protect you if you are unable to work, help you further your education, and prepare for retirement.
Prioritize assigned maintenance work to properly execute emergency breakdown response. Report to immediate supervisor items affecting or potentially affecting proper and safe operation of plant and equipment. Maintain acceptable backlog of planned maintenance activity. Run service calls, repairing plumbing, electric, mechanical and various types of equipment repairs in a timely efficient manner. Maintain inventory of hospital standard finishes for repairs.
·Repairs and Maintenance
Run service calls, repairing plumbing, electric, mechanical and various types of equipment repairs in a timely efficient manner. Maintain proper scheduling of assigned duties and procurement of material to perform cost effective maintenance and repair activity. Acquire and interpret maintenance data to determine operational status of plant equipment and systems. Maintain proper documentation of all assigned maintenance policies, procedures, and schematics. Ensure that infection control and life safety measures are followed while performing maintenance projects. Set up containment per infection control guidelines.
Due to the 3rd shift nature of this role it is eligible for a $4/hr shift differential.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of work experience in a related job discipline.
- EPA 608 certification
- Knowledge of standard practices of the HVAC/mechanical and refrigeration trade.
- Good problem-solving skills & critical thinking.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Analyze data from routine maintenance and identifying potential malfunctions.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient in balancing air and water treatment systems in line with mechanical protocols.
- Understanding of advanced principles of air conditioning & mechanical systems.
- Experience in a Hospital work environment.
- Experience with electrical systems.
- Experience with large & complex mechanical systems.
- Ability to operate a variety of hand and power tools.
- Welding and soldering techniques.