Industrial Equipment-Machine Assembler – Electro-Mechanical + Welder
JBT Avure Technologies - Middletown, OH
Responsible for the assembly, welding fabrication, start-up, and test of complex machinery as well as other assignments in the factory as needed to support the achievement of the business goals and objectives.
- Actively engage the site Safety program – 2 years without a lost time injury and counting.
- Is an active participant in the 5S program to maintain a work ready environment.
- Maintains focus on the customer to our quality standards and processes.
- Mig & Tig fabrication welding of stainless-steel machine components, equipment, and water piping.
- Electro-Mechanical assembly of components and machine sub-systems into final press configuration. utilizing standard work documentation and processes.
- Building/plumbing hydraulic circuits including hydraulic tube and hose assemblies.
- Startup and diagnostics of machinery during the debug and test phase.
- Work with engineering/manufacturing teams to resolve issues to root cause and optimize processes.
- Operate overhead cranes, forklifts, and scissor lifts.
- Packaging and crating of machine systems for shipment.
- Contributes ideas to the Relentless Continuous Improvement process.
- Assists in the training and development of others as needed.
- Completes paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Machine assembly – 60% of time. Welding – 40% of time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in electro-mechanical, Trade school diploma in industrial maintenance or similar applicable field experience.
- 5+ years’ experience assembling electro-mechanical equipment / machinery.
- Welding certificate required.
- Use of basic metrology equipment (i.e., calipers, micrometers, etc.).
- Blueprint reading, machine shop skills.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills – data entry.
- Demonstrate a high level of creativity; continuously seeking ways to improve quality and efficiency.
- Reliable and flexible to work additional hours on short notice to complete orders and/or special projects to meet customer demands.
- Ability to lift and carry 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Occasional overtime required.
Avure Technologies manufactures High Pressure Processing (HPP) equipment that helps producers increase food safety and extend shelf life, while providing consumers with nutritious, natural food.
Food manufacturers of all sizes rely on Avure's HPP technology to serve up healthy, delicious, and safe products, doubling and tripling shelf life without chemicals, additives, or heat.
In fact, you’ll find foods processed by Avure HPP systems in every corner of the world!
It's an exciting time at Avure. We may be the global leader in HPP, but we believe our greatest accomplishments and innovations lie ahead. That's why we're always searching for passionate, analytical, entrepreneurial, and top-notch talent to help us achieve our goal of advancing the field of HPP even further.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is the policy of JBT Corporation to provide equal opportunity for qualified persons and not to discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law at the JBT Corporation location to which this application is submitted. In addition, as a Federal Government contractor, JBT Corporation is an affirmative action employer. If you require accommodation during the application process, please contact the local Human Resources department. EOE-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you have a disability or impairment that prevents you from completing the online application, please seek the assistance of your local employment services agency. JBT maintains active relationships with local employment services agencies, and they have pledged their support in assisting any applicant needing help in applying. To find information on agencies throughout the United States, please go to www.careeronestop.org
You may also call Susan Cotton at 844-286-4524 if your disability or impairment prevents you from applying online. NOTE: Do not use this number unless you need assistance because of a disability or impairment. The personnel attending this phone line will not be able to give you a status update regarding your application and will not be the individuals making a decision regarding your employment.