You will like working for us as we have amazing people and a highly collaborative culture. Global success hasn’t changed our tight-knit feel – we’ve simply grown into a larger, more diverse family. We have thousands of jobs around the globe and encourage all of our associates to chase their dreams without having to find them in another company – it truly is a special place.
While reporting to the Plant Manager, you will be responsible for performing maintenance tasks, specifically proactive tasks, and necessary to provide high quality, efficient, timely shipment of Sonoco products. Safety, quality, productivity and strong work ethic are important to the Sonoco culture.
What you’ll Be Doing:
- Installing, maintaining and repairing manufacturing equipment and facility related equipment.
- Assisting/training other maintenance personnel with repairs, PM’s and rebuilds.
- Collaborating closely with other departments and teams for proactive problem resolutions.
- Maintaining a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Manage small projects to maintain or upgrade equipment.
- Performing all duties in support of Sonoco’s quality and safety policies.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have a strong safety record and promote safety in all aspects of employment
- Exercise good judgment / decision-making and present a commitment to high standards and the ability to inspire those qualities in others
- Leadership skills - provides mentoring, training and supervision to other personnel in project work
- Eager to learn and apply new skills and as such, identifies training needs and skills required to stay up to date with new technology
- You have 5 plus years’ experience in an industrial environment where troubleshooting, repairing, and installing electrical systems were part of your everyday duties.
- You have experience in an industrial environment or military experience troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining manufacturing equipment
- Position requires working 1st shift including weekends as needed for assigned projects.
- Responsible for planning and tracking the execution of assigned projects.
- Responsible for documenting project details such as wiring diagrams, machine modifications, drawings, quotes, parts ordering.
- Good communications skills, oral and written, and computers skills.
- Learn and apply new technologies
- Achieve Sonoco ESWP Cat II Electrical Worker classification within 6-12 months
Education, Experience and skills:
- Engineering Technology degree is a plus
- Experience, 5 to 10 years, related to machine maintenance, machine development, equipment upgrades and new equipment installation projects
- Failure Mode Analysis , Analytical Troubleshooting and Predictive Maintenance
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skills, such as fabrication, machining, assembly, troubleshooting and repair
- Read, understand and create low voltage wiring diagrams
- Extensive knowledge and experience in panel building / wiring
- Extensive working knowledge and experience with AC Drives and Motors, including vector drives and high end AC inverters
- Knowledge and experience in pneumatic systems, process instrumentation and control.
- Extensive working knowledge and experience with Allen Bradley PLC systems including:
- Micrologix, RSlogix, Compactlogix.
- RS 500, RS5000, Factory Talk View, RS Linx, Drive Executive, Panel Builder
- Ability to communicate with and create / edit PLC programs and troubleshoot including Ethernet and Control net
- Servo motion controllers
Base Rate: $26.74 – $36.85/hr. based on experience
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.