PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES (SUMMARY)
Reporting directly to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Industrial Maintenance Technician is responsible for the Installation, Inspection, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of Pneumatic Control Systems, Hydraulic Control Systems, Electrical Control Systems, Digital Control Systems, Mechanical Systems, Instrumentation and Pumps. The Maintenance Technician must be able to read prints, schematics and troubleshoot high volume production equipment. Some miscellaneous facilities activities will be required from time to time. The maintenance technician will also be responsible for being on call at a predetermined frequency.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND STANDARDS
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that manufacturing and facility equipment continue to operate safely and efficiently.
- Install, inspect, maintain and troubleshoot pneumatic control systems.
- Install, inspect, maintain and troubleshoot hydraulic control systems.
- Install, inspect, maintain and troubleshoot electrical control systems.
- Install, inspect, maintain and troubleshoot digital control system.
- Install, inspect, maintain and troubleshoot mechanical systems.
- Install, inspect, maintain and troubleshoot process control systems.
- Install, inspect, maintain and troubleshoot process instrumentation.
- Install, inspect, maintain and troubleshoot pumps.
- Ability to read and interpret process flow diagrams and P&ID’s.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical single line diagrams, I/O diagrams and electrical motor control schematics.
- Ability to identify process problems and correct the root cause.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision and good time management skills.
- Functional familiarity with OSHA Standards and NFPA 70E.
- Use MMS to document and record maintenance activities.
- Use MMS to document and record spare parts storage/usage.
- Participate in the process to meet productivity standard s, reduce operation costs and eliminate waste.
- Interact with vendors and contractors.
- Support operations and provide good communication and organization pertaining to the progress and status of a repair.
- In your absence you are to ensure that the tasks assigned to you are adequately covered by trained personnel. You are responsible to communicate and work with your manager to ensure your workload is covered when you are out.
- Complete preventive maintenance activities per schedule;
- Prioritize safety work orders commensurate with risk;
- Complete work orders on time with consideration to establish priorities;
- Participate in management of change (MOC);
- Review the EHS&S impacts of capital projects; and
- Participate in contractor qualification for capital projects, including appropriate RC14001/EHS&S considerations.
- Support efforts to implement and maintain the RC14001/EHS&S management system;
- Conform with the EHS&S Policy and the Cardinal Rules;
- Maintaining a safe and secure workplace and meet environmental site requirements;
- Support the EHS&S objectives and targets, and any specific action plans or management programs assigned;
- Understand the EHS&S risks and impacts of the employee’s job and functional area, including appropriate controls and procedures;
- Understand the EHS&S impacts/consequence that could result if specified procedures are not followed;
- Report accidents and incidents to a supervisor or the EHS&S department;
- Participate in required EHS&S training.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Peter Cremer Training Required
- We will follow the company written training program for this position.
Customer Service, Teamwork & Code of Conduct
- Maintain a safe, legal and environmentally protective operation
- Listen to our customers, suppliers and employees
- Respond quickly to customer concerns
- Follow set guidelines for GMP, quality and food safety requirements
- Maintain training on applicable procedures in quality, GMP, and food safety
- Report any food safety, security, and / or quality issues to management or the HACCP team to initiate action
- Provide flexible and innovative strategies to support new business opportunities
- Be cost effective in the utilization of our resources, thereby contributing to the profitability of Peter Cremer North America, LP and our customers
- Strive for continued improvement
- Willing and eagerness to learn
- Maintain positive “Can Do” attitude
Education, Credentials, Licenses:
High school diploma or GED
Technical degree or equivalent technical/trade training in any of the following fields:
• Industrial Electrical Maintenance
• Industrial Control & Instrumentation
• Programmable Logic Controllers
• Industrial Machine Maintenance
Kind & Length of Experience:
Minimum 5 years of experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment with strong mechanical and electrical skills.
• Familiarity with Allen Bradley Products: Guard Master, Powerflex, flex I/O, control logix controllers and system components.
• Minimum 5 years of experience maintaining and troubleshooting automated packaging equipment and batching systems.
• Minimum 5 years of experience maintaining and troubleshooting utility systems. Including package boilers, air compressors, air dryers and steam systems.
• Minimum 5 years of experience maintaining and troubleshoot pumps systems.
How to Apply
Please complete application following this link: https://newton.newtonsoftware.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=8a7883c66613934801664614984a3e72