The Adjunct Industrial MaintenanceTechnology Instructor is a part-time position responsible for the delivery of quality education that adheres to the standards of the established curriculum. S/He will employ effective teaching practices for adult students in lab and/or classroom settings to support certificate programs operated by Butler Tech’s Adult Education Division.
- Willing to secure an Ohio Department of Education Adult Education permit in the area of AWE Industrial & Engineering Technologies (170000);
- Associate’s degree relevant to content area OR a minimum of five (5) years of verifiable industry experience;
- Extensive knowledge of industrial and residential electricity theory and application, AC/DC motor systems, fluid power, process controls, and PLCs;
- Industrial maintenance industry certifications such as National Electrical Code (NEC) and/or National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) preferred;
- Student-oriented teaching style with ability to adjust approach to suit individual adult learner needs;
- Willingness and demonstrated ability to work with students, teachers, and administrators as a team member;
- Proficiency in email and Microsoft Office programs;
- Effective and demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, oral and written communication, presentation, and organizational skills;
- History of strong work record, including good job attendance; and
- Documented evidence of acceptable criminal record as required by Ohio law and Board policy.
Start Date: Based on class schedule
Rate of Pay: $26.00 - 30.00 per hour
How to Apply: Interested candidates should email their resume to Dennis Beam, Associate Director of Business & Industry Programs, at email@example.com