The Information Technology Instructor is responsible for the delivery of quality education that adheres to required curriculum standards for 11th and 12th grade students in a two-year IT career program.
Led by a team of three instructors, all 11th grade students pursue common foundational coursework. As seniors, students focus on a specialization within the IT field. This instructor will support a cybersecurity specialization.
• Work experience and/or educational attainment in Information Technology as outlined below in addition willingness AND ability to complete Ohio’s alternative teacher licensure process, including university coursework:
o High school diploma and five years of relevant work experience; OR
o Successful completion of a relevant secondary two-year career-technical program and four years of relevant work experience; OR
o High school diploma AND adult education certificate in the content area and four years of relevant work experience; OR
o Associate degree or 60 semester hours in the content area and three years of relevant work experience; OR
o Bachelor’s or master’s degree outside the content area and five years of relevant work experience; OR
o Bachelor’s or master’s degree in the content area and two years of relevant work experience.
• Willingness/ability to work with students, teachers and administrators as a team member;
• Computer expertise appropriate to the position;
• Effective and demonstrated problem solving, critical thinking, analytical, oral and written communication, and organizational skills;
• State-issued identification card with photograph;
• History of strong work record, including good job attendance; and
• Documented evidence of acceptable criminal record as required by Ohio law and Board Policy.
How to Apply
Apply online at https://www.applitrack.com/bcc/onlineapp/_application.aspx?posJobCodes=6460&posFirstChoice=High%20School%20Teaching&posSpecialty=