The Installation Technician works on a team to install stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools. This position is very physical and requires the employee to perform all functions safely and efficiently.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install automated storage and retrieval systems at customer sites in the Americas and in some cases, internationally.
- The willingness to travel as the position demands an estimated 200 travel days/year.
- A relevant background in mechanics, electrical, automation, robotics or electronics.
- Experience executing similar installation projects.
- Prior knowledge about FMS and robotics is seen as a major advantage.
- Operates hoisting and lifting devices to position machinery and parts during the installation, set-up and repair of machinery.
- Makes recommendations to management and engineering for improvement of preventative maintenance practices.
- Machine leveling/alignments per OEM specs using precision leveling/alignment equipment.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- English fluency and experience using a PC/laptop/tablet.
- Good communication skills when coordinating with team members and customers.
- Clear understanding and knowledge of up-to-date electrical/mechanical processes in order to effectively install machinery.
- Willingness to be trained on company-specific technical equipment
- Advanced knowledge of modern electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Good problem-solving skills and trouble-shooting skills to handle installs and equipment issues during customer visits.
- Thorough knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical and control systems.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints/schematics for electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic machinery.
PHYSICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The ability to climb ladders/work on a lift and work at heights when installing wiring and equipment.
- Ability to crouch, kneel, stand, or work in confined areas for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average workday.
- Prior experience with powered industrial equipment is preferred.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A minimum of an associate degree or other college degree, however equivalent, relevant work experience may be considered.
- Minimum of 2 years of mechanical/electrical/installation experience preferred.
- Completion of an electro, mechanical apprenticeship program or equivalent is preferred.
- Familiarity with machine tool industry a plus.
- Familiarity with machine tools, i.e., VTL’s, engine lathes, CNC mills/lathes and Fanuc controls a plus.
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced team environment.
- Proficient in PC skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong focus and passion for service to external customers, internal customers, and suppliers.
- Able to handle multiple tasks independently and to work in an efficient manner.
- Capable of working independently and cooperatively with all levels of the organization
- Initiative to take a process, improve it and in some cases, own it
- Willingness to help or take on unfamiliar tasks outside of normal duties
If interested, please provide your resume or transcripts and contact info. email@example.com. To learn more about us, please visit www.fastems.com.