A culinary position at Kings Island provides an experience that can’t be found anywhere else in the area. An experience with Kings Island will allow you to gain knowledge in several aspects of the food industry including: quick service, full-service, banquet events, high volume catering, special media events and commissary prep. A position in the Food and Beverage Department at Kings Island will allow you to build upon your leadership skills and your resume. A Culinary Lead will work with the Executive Chef and Catering Manager to create new recipes and menu items for high volume catered events and commissary prep, procurement, control inventory and food cost, offer culinary leadership and training, and execute meals in any of our facilities. What can Kings Island offer you that other employers cannot? We offer free admission to all Cedar Fair parks, special associate only events such as rides night grill day, training opportunities to enhance your leadership skills, scholarship opportunities and so much more. Let us know if you would like an internship opportunity; we will be happy to review your school’s requirements. Primary Job Duties • Supervise and assist in the production and cooking of food products for catered events and the park commissary. • Maintain food safety and sanitation, including complying with all federal, state and local health codes. • Assist in improving food quality and presentation at our quick service locations, catered events and in our commissary prep. • Oversee inventory and cost of sales. • Train associates on the use of food preparation equipment.
Location: 6300 Kings Island Dr. Kings Island, OH 45034
· Minimum 18 years of age.
· Enrolled in a culinary program at the college level or experience in the field.
· Ability to follow recipes and knowledge of baking and cooking.
· Knowledge of cooking equipment.
· Able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and evenings.
· Ability to pass a mandatory or random drug test, per company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
· Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to , criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state or provincial law.
How to Apply
Apple online at jobs.cedarfair.com/kingsisland. For more information contact Joey Francis, Manager of Catering and Special Events. 513-754-5832 or email@example.com