Hyde's Restaurant is looking for a skilled, team oriented, creative Kitchen Manager who can help us expand our menu and grow with us into the next decade!! Join our growing team and you will gain the skills to prep/cook southern style dishes, gain experience in helping us build our menu, and develop skills for working in a fast paced kitchen.
Why will you LOVE working at Hyde’s Restaurant?
- We are a family owned business that has been around for over 70 years!
- We pride ourselves on creating a fun and flexible work environment for our employees.
- The ideal candidate for us will fall in line with the company's values of thoughtfulness and respect towards themselves and others.
What we need from you:
- Be a responsible go-getter who finds joy in expressing themselves through culinary creations.
- Bring tons of ideas to the table as we look to revamp our menu through the years and continue to bring joy to our loyal customers and their families.
- Be good at managing people and keeping them happy, productive, and focused on work.
What you will be responsible for:
- Conducts oneself in a professional and ethical manner
- Directs, implements and maintains a philosophy congruent with Hyde's Restaurant, Inc. culture, which serves as a guide to respective staff.
- Ensure the delivery of only the highest quality food, prepared and served to maximize guest satisfaction.
- Coordinates the purchase of all food items following proper purchasing requirements.
- Develops and maintains approved food costs, labor costs and operating costs.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, preparation methods, cook times, ingredients, portion sizes, garnishes, presentations and prices
- Ensure the consistent delivery of ticket items within company guidelines
- Maintain complete knowledge of daily features and 86'd items
- Ensure each work area is stocked with specified tools, supplies, and equipment to meet business demands
- Ensure that recipes, production schedules, plating specifications, and photographs are current, accessible and in use.
- Establish the days priorities and assign production and prep tasks to staff
- Ensure that staff maintain and strictly abides by state and local health department regulations and requirements
- Responsible for all aspects and functions of managing the kitchen and kitchen personnel.
- Ensure shift change go smoothly by communicating all necessary information in incoming manager and staff
- Ensure all staff closing duties are complete before an employee leaves.
- Maintain turnover issues and practice retention techniques
- Maintain complete knowledge of computer system and manual procedures
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment only as intended
- Develop daily features - including costs & written recipes
- Protect company assets to prevent losses or damages to Hyde's Restaurant, Inc.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental standards, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct BOH new hire orientation and training in accordance with established training programs. Conduct weekly one-on-one with staff for ongoing training. Ensure growth and development of direct reports.
- Perform line checks everyday, every shift. Act on all issues immediately.
- Assist the line during peak business periods and assist all staff members with their job functions to ensure optimum service to guests.