Full time, 40+ hours required weekly
12 hour shifts (7:00 to 7:00)
Must be available for day and night shifts
Work schedule is a 3.5 days on / 3.5 days off rotation
Hourly wage; benefits available
The Technician’s responsibilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for this position.
- Follow all safety and job related procedures as defined.
- Collect steel sheet samples from various operating units and transport the samples back to the testing facility in a safe and timely manner.
- Use a database system to look up sample information and perform data entry.
- Accurately apply a unique identification to each sample and identify the tests required for each sample.
- Shear samples to the appropriate specimen size required. Use measuring devices to measure samples (i.e. micrometer, caliper, tape measure).
- Deliver specimens to the appropriate testing areas for further processing.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Valid driver’s license
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
Attention to detail
Able to work well individually and as part of a team
Follows direction well, willing to ask questions when uncertain, and willing to report issues when they arise
How to Apply
email resume to email@example.com