Job ID:5543 - Classified - SATSS - Temporary FT (hourly)
Cares for laboratory animals and performs a variety of custodial and clerical tasks related to operation of the department's laboratory.
1) Cares for laboratory animals according to established procedures; changing cages, monitoring health, providing food and water.
2) Organizes laboratory, work areas, equipment, and supplies; cleans cages, work area and equipment.
3) Transports materials which may include food, utensils, or animals to and from laboratory.
4) Receives and stores all laboratory equipment and supplies; maintains inventory of supplies; reorders as necessary.
5) Maintains and operates laboratory equipment.
6) May assist in student lab set up and clean up.
Working conditions: Physical effort usually requires considerable walking and standing with some lifting of materials weighing 25 to 50 lbs. Some exposure to unpleasant elements which are particularly disagreeable. Some element of personal risk due to handling of chemicals, extremely hot water, and/or animals.
Knowledge of laboratory procedures; ability to maintain records; requires driver's license.
The ability to work with precision doing repetitive tasks, strong observational skills, good communication skills.
Requires high school diploma or GED and six months of laboratory experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to Apply
Apply online at Miami hiretouch