SALARY $25.06 - $37.10 Hourly $52,124.80 - $77,168.00 Annually
The City of Blue Ash Facilities Maintenance Department is seeking applicants for a full-time Laborer III position. This position reports directly to the Facilities Maintenance Superintendent. The Laborer III position maintains and makes routine repairs to City facilities' electrical, lighting and performs routine repair work on various pieces of City equipment; and other maintenance issues as assigned.
Working for local government is more than a job, it’s a chance to contribute to community success and to help enhance the Blue Ash way of life.
Examples of Duties
- Must be able to perform a variety of maintenance and repair tasks which require developed skills or training such as working on damaged electrical wiring when a shortage or severed wire occurs.
- Must exercise common sense and initiative.
- Must possess the ability to carry out assignments without close supervision.
- Makes routine repairs to City facilities' electrical system up to 480V
- Performs light construction work;
- Designing and installing electrical systems, as well as maintaining and repairing those systems;
- Maintains indoor and outdoor City facilities' lighting systems;
- Repairs small appliances;
- Performs drywall work and painting;
- Specializing in different types of electrical work, such as residential and commercial;
- Snow and Ice control on city building sidewalks;
- Assists with special event electrical needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Familiarity with electric systems, mechanical abilities; familiarity with tools and equipment; general knowledge of carpentry; ability and willingness to perform manual labor; ability to understand and follow directives without close supervision; ability to lift heavy articles; stamina; dependability; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and neat appearance.
Acceptable Experience and Training
Completion of coursework, preferably supplemented with advanced training in electrical work and equipment repair work; experience as an electrician or maintenance worker; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Possession of a valid motor vehicle operator's Class B CDL license issued by the State of Ohio or ability to obtain one within 6 months. In house training provided.
How to Apply
Apply at www.BlueAsh.com/jobs. The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.