The City of Blue Ash Park Maintenance Department is one of the leaders in municipal green space care and maintains some of the most impactful landscapes in the region. We are seeking candidates to fill positions to specifically maintain Summit Park. Positions sought are: SEASONAL PART-TIME & YEAR-ROUND PART-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE AT SUMMIT PARK:
- LANDSCAPE & FLORAL FOCUS:
- Includes planting, mulching, weeding, pruning, fertilizing and overall care for the planting beds, pots and planters throughout the park.
- TURF CARE/OPEN SPACE FOCUS:
- Includes maintaining the park's sprawling spaces with mowing, fertilizing, weeding, spraying and overall attention to the parks grasses, meadows, surfaces and water amenities such as ponds and streams.
- GENERAL PARK MAINTENANCE FOCUS:
- Includes maintaining the park's amenities such as hard surfaces, seating, plazas and common areas.
Note that all positions will work together for common goals and tasks on a regular basis as needed.
These positions will enjoy paid, on-site training; contributions into the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System; free individual membership to the Blue Ash Recreation Center with eligibility and discount for family members; and discounts at the Blue Ash Golf Course, Sandtrap Grill and Blue Ash Café.
All Successful candidates must have:
• Ability to add to a cohesive and supportive team environment around like-minded, positive and enthusiastic team members in a beautiful park setting.
• Ability to work independently and complete multiple tasks at prescribed standards.
• Ability to thoroughly complete tasks in a timely manner with high attention to detail.
• Ability to work outdoors under different weather conditions for extended periods of time. Winter season needs may include tasks related to snow removal.
• Ability to stand and/or walk up to 6+ hours during a shift.
• Ability to successfully pass a drug screen and a comprehensive background check.
• Must be able to lift/exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
• Preferably, candidates should be available to work weekends, holidays and special events.
• Multiple shifts during different times of the day/week are available. Depending on needs, a flexible schedule is available.
Some positions need to possess the ability or are able to be training to operate various landscaping equipment such as mowers, trimmers, blowers, etc.
Although experience is a plus, no experience is necessary.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Apply prior to the closing time of the job announcement and allow at least an hour to submit your application if you are a new user on the system. APPLICATIONS ARE ACCEPTED ONLINE ONLY. You may apply and view current openings by visiting our employment opportunities web page at:
Click on "How Do I"
Click on "Employment"
If you do not have access to a computer, there are computer stations available at most Public Libraries. The Blue Ash Branch Public Library of Cincinnati is located at 4911 Cooper Road, Blue Ash, Ohio 45242.
Our on-line application system is provided by NeoGov. If you have problems while applying online, please contact the Help Desk between 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM Pacific Time Monday - Friday at 1-855-524-5627.
You may also call the City of Blue Ash Human Resources Office at (513) 745-8642 for information.
NOTE: INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED EVEN IF A RESUME HAS BEEN ATTACHED.
The City of Blue Ash is an EEO/ADA Employer.