The Laundry Associate performs the day-to-day activities of the Laundry Department in accordance with company standards and current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations to ensure that an adequate supply of laundry and linen are on hand at all times to meet the needs of residents, patients, and staff members.
Essential Activities and TasksOperations Management
- Performs the laundry functions, including the collection, laundering, redistribution, and inventory of linens and personal laundry, in accordance with established procedures.
- Presses/irons garments as instructed.
- Folds, counts, stacks, hangs, and distributes clean laundry, linen, garments, etc. to residents and linen closets daily and/or as instructed.
- Ensures that an adequate supply of laundry and linen supplies are maintained in laundry closets to meet the needs of residents and staff members.
Quality, Compliance, and Risk Management
- Ensures that established quality assurance, infection control, and universal precaution practices are maintained when performing laundry procedures.
- Reports any damages or repairs needing done to supervisor.
- Willingly and consistently shares observations and insight of departmental operations that may improve quality and efficiencies of department.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
Customer Relations and Service Delivery
- Listens and responds to the needs of residents and staff members.
- Honors resident personal and property rights when performing laundry duties.
Administration and Reporting
- Maintains current and accurate records through use of computers and/or other documentation in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
All other duties as assigned.
•Tenth grade education required.
•High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
•One year of housekeeping experience preferred. On-the-job training provided.
•Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
How to Apply
Apply at www.ohioliving.org/careers
Be sure to check Monroe on the left-hand side to ensure that you are applying to the correct location.