The maintenance technician is responsible for lawn, shrub, tree and weed maintenance on job sites.
• Assists with loading and unloading of work trucks.
• Ensures that job site staging area is clean and organized.
• Uses all maintenance tools and equipment according to company safety policy.
• Complies with company safety policy at all times.
• Reads maintenance order, reviews plan with Lawn Care Crew Leader/Account Manager/Specialist, and applies fertilizers, weed control and lawn and bed maintenance according to specifications.
• Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to tillers, sod cutters, weed eaters, core aerator, chain saws, hedge trimmers, pole trimmers and drills.
• Operates automatic and stick shift vehicles, such as dump trucks and truck and trailer combinations.
• Assists the Crew Leader and/or Account Manager in interacting with clients by way of introductions at the beginning of a job, answering questions, responding to client requests, making reasonable changes to the plan, and providing a walk-through at the job’s completion.
• Assists the Lawn Care Foreman/Supervisor/Manager in planning and organizing the job, ensuring that sufficient resources and materials are available.
• Ensures that job is completed in the most time-efficient manner.
• Assists the Lawn Care Foreman/Supervisor/Manager in managing a team of two or more employees, communicating to the team leader about personnel issues, and assisting in the training of employees on policies and procedures.
• Briefs Lawn Care Crew Leader or Account Manager (whoever is most appropriate) and makes recommendations on job status, personnel issues, or client concerns.
• Works as a member of the team.
• Helps, as necessary, with snow removal.
• Maintains assigned equipment and notifies mechanic/Account Manager of needed repairs.
• Applies chemicals under the direction of licensed applicator.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• 1-2 years of professional landscaping, grounds maintenance or farming experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks; and be able to frequently lift 50 pounds of weight throughout the assigned workday.
How to Apply
Email your resume to email@example.com or apply online at www.bzak.com.